Have they denied this one yet?

by Fatfreek 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FatFreak..You helped me with my math,let me help you with this..They never said that..Even if you can show proof in thier own publications..They never said that..Hope that helps...OUTLAW

• FMZ
    FMZ

Great catch, Fatfreek (good to see ya again by the way )

Moshe, this was published in 1971. If the dubs did retort with "Well, it did start invisibly", you can simply point out to them that in 1971, they were referring to this event in the future tense, i.e. they were referring to Armageddon starting sometime between 1971 and 2000.

"... Shortly, within our twentieth century, the 'battle in the day of Jehovah' will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? 1971, Chap. 12 pp. 216-217

I might have to take a look around for an original copy of this book, or get my hands on the Watchtower CD.

FMZ

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Just found my original copy of the book, studied and underlined. WOW! It didn't jump out at me back then, but I still truly believed it would be over by the end of the century. If they feel they can deny that they ever put anything in print that Armageddon would be here by 1975, there is NO WAY they can deny the statement on page 216 of this book.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It kind of amazes me that they haven't yet replaced this book. Last I knew, it was still in print. I keep expecting to read about a new "Ezekiel's Prophecy" book each year at the DC. (Not that I'll be there to get a copy )

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hmm....I do not believe I have ever seen that quote before. The '89 WT is the more famous one, but this ranks right up there, if not higher.

I wonder if anyone ever called or wrote the WTS post-'75 about it? Prior to '75, no one would have batted an eyelash. The '89 WT occured much deeper in the time of the end, so I'm sure they received many questions about it.

If the WTS views this thread, you can be sure they will either change the phrase in an upcoming CDROM release, or drop the book altogether(most likely due to running out of room on the CD).

• Honesty
    Honesty

The JW's I have shown it to called me an apostate liar who is good at counterfeiting official Watchtower Society publications and they hope the brothers sue my pants off.

A mind is like a parachute.

It works best when open.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Outlaw: let me help you with this..They never said that

Help me out here, Outlaw -- what is it I said they said that you said they didn't say?

Jourles. Refresh out minds. Which '89 WT?

Fats

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Like moeshe said in an earlier thread, the young man who was getting the group together at the KH that he went into has only been in the org since 2000, 30 years after the publication of that book. A lot of people in this day and age do not read and they are too busy with reading the current crap that any lies that the WTS has said in the past does not even matter as it did not effect their present life, at least the new ones in the organization anyway.

As far as an updated version of that book it probably wont get updated for a while since their oracle Freddie Franz who wrote all those books loosely based on the prophetic books of the NWT bible.

• Terry
    Terry

Think of it this way:

A criminal returns to the scene of the crime? Why? TO REMOVE EVIDENCE OF THE CRIME!

The Watchtower is run by intellectual criminals who relentlessly return to the scene of their thought crimes to erase evidence of their wrongdoing!

The mere fact they must CHANGE WHAT THEY WROTE is the most damning evidence of their CONSCIOUSNESS of WRONGDOING!!

If we did not live in the age of technology these crimes of the Watchtower criminals would be hidden, distorted and expunged from human memory!

What they seek always is PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY. The only recourse they have is the opposite of honest debate and presentation of the facts: distortion and tampering with evidence.

These people are liars!

Guess what? They KNOW they are liars!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Whenever the WTS republishes and edits their older publications to correct falsehoods without acknowledging the change in a footnote or addendum they are simply lying. There are several examples that have been exposed.

Ever wonder how many have been DF'd for disagreeing with a WT statement that was later changed? Seems to me the right thing to do would to apologize to that one and offer immediate reinstatement. Of course, it would never happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit