Have they denied this one yet?

by Fatfreek 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

"... Shortly, within our twentieth century, the 'battle in the day of Jehovah' will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? 1971, Chap. 12 pp. 216-217

Knowing that we are now in the twenty-first century, I am curious whether this prediction could somehow still be pending.

I wonder too, noting that it briefly preceded one of their infamous dates (1975) whether they had that date in mind during 1971.

The above quote is from the 2005 WT Library CD. I wonder when subsequent volumes will alter "twentieth century" to "our day".

Fats

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes, If Im not mistaken they have re-written that passage to where it now reads "shortly within our day" instead of "shortly within our 20th century"

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

WHOAAAAAAAAA, I just now re read your post, this is one major error for the WT Society not to correct, you might have something of value here if you bring this up to a JW. I cant believe they forgot to "correct" this passage on the CD.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good spot FF, it would be a good one to bring up with a jw.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

You know with them that "begin" can mean a lot of things.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Well, then, would it not be the "good Samaritan" thing to bring it to Brooklyn's attention?

I think I will ...

Not

Fats

• moshe
    moshe

Didn't you notice the battle did start, but it is invisible.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Notice the two 534th posts in a row?

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Notice the two 534th posts in a row?

May as well go for two 535's.

On a more serious note -- making that prediction back in 1971 was probably looked at then as a mild, no-brainer in view of how close they were to 1975. A certainty by that time, they must've thought.

As it turns out it now is no joking matter to many of you who may be lurking JW's. It a serious, egregious error to make prophetic statements when you obviously don't have the Creator on your side.

When will they learn?

Fats

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    Didn't you notice the battle did start, but it is invisible.

Oh great, I need a new keyboard now. Tea all over the place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit