How many have/will/plan to attend a WNFJ convention in Penn?

by AK - Jeff 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

BTTP

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Well, maybe you didn't get to go to any, but they were lots of fun--Stay up late, talk, eat junk food (sorry Kate, but nuts count).

notheydontnotheydont! Not if they are raw, organic and you eat an ounce as protein. God made nuts and He made me and He don't make no junk!

SLUMBER PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When I started the thread I did not expect it to 'hang around' so long. Mine usually don't.

I just may come to this thing this year. I really want to meet some of the posters who do go every year. Plus I look forward to the convention itself. I am trying to convince Wifey to go - she is pretty turned off on religion I think now as a result of a lifetime of lies. But maybe we will both show up.

Jeff

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've been wanting to go for the last few years, mainly to meet Mouthy, Ellderwho, DeputyDog, and a few of the other reprobates

I've got a wedding to plan for the Summer, but I'd still like to go this year if I can. Mouthy keeps promising to kick the bucket before I get, so I need to make a move before she holds good to her promise

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

I have only missed one year since 2000 and I have my room booked for 2007.

It is the highlight of my year also, to see old friends and make new friends every year is a real joy.

I love the testimonies, I know we can listen to them online but to me it is much better hearing them live.

In 2006 a group of former Jehovah's Witnesses came from Japan and told about the Witnesses in their country who are leaving and how their support group is helping them.

All in all it is a really good time.

WNFJ may not be for everyone but I can assure you it is nothing like a Watchtower Convention.

Cal

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I love the testimonies, I know we can listen to them online but to me it is much better hearing them live.

Cal - I just listened to yours yesterday [and your wife's]. Wonderful!

I feel like I know some of these people just from hearing their actual voices. Grace sounds absolutely like an English Lady. It seems as if we are never going to get up to Ontario to meet her [as we have discussed in emails more than once], so this might be our best chance. She already told us where she sits. LOL

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I've got a wedding to plan for the Summer, but I'd still like to go this year if I can.

LT - I can't think of a prettier place than the mountains of Pennsylvania for a wedding. And there are plenty of ministers there to perform the ceremony. When wifey and I married, we took our honeymoon at a convention [JW]. You could get married at one and take your honeymoon after [which makes better sense to me.]

Jeff

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Hey Jeff I hope you can make it I sit on the left side second row.

lovelylil as Mouthy said it would be good to book your room now, if you see you can't make it and cancel 45 days or more before the event you will get your deposit back.

I know WNFJ is 268 days away but I thought I'd post my picture now.

Cal

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I don't want to wish the next 9 months away too fast but I'm looking forward to being there this year. Sure am glad I called early to book a room. Got it right there within walking distance. I understand that it is a good idea to bring all your own bedding such as sheets, blankets, etc.. There is also a special place for bird watchers to visit nearby. It's called Hawk Mountain Bird Sanctuary, I think. Just Google "Hawk Mountain PA". They say you can see just about every species of hawk in the U.S. They gather there during the fall migration. Should be interesting.

And I'm bringing my camera too!

If you don't want your picture taken, I will honor that request. Regardless, I wouldn't post them on the internet without your consent.

Can't wait to meet all of you who will be there.

HappyDad

• mouthy
    mouthy

Cal I have to correct you there darling YOU LOSE YOUR MONEY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANce NOW...
    I know this cos Roy Lathrop had$ 90 on his & cancelled well before the time it USED to be. But lost it all Also Shirley Jackson.... So speak to Katie at Blue Mountain ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit