How many have/will/plan to attend a WNFJ convention in Penn?

by AK - Jeff 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I know a few here have and do so - I have listened to tons of the audio testimonials and have even had one poster here offer me a place to stay should I decide to go in October. I just might go this time.

WNFJ= Witnesses Now for Jesus [ mostly former Jw's and Mormons]

Anyone?

Jeff

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

An honest question sincerely asked; Why would you want to go?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have been twice (2004 and 2005) I gave my testimony in 2005. I enjoyed it there, and got to meet alot of people, however most of them were from the northeast. I was hoping to find some KY and Tenn XJW's there. If you havent already, listen to my testimony if you get a chance. Dave

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    An honest question sincerely asked; Why would you want to go?

I believe you are, and so I will. I became a Jw almost 40 years ago because I wanted to be a Christian -and thought I was. I still consider myself one. I have adjusted my doctrines somewhat, but little else has changed about the way I view life. I serve Jesus. What else to say? Jeff

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

What are the conventions like? I have listened to testimonies on MM Outreach and they were very enjoyable and light hearted....not boring like the JW conventions....Is that what they are like? Are there a-lot of "talks"?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Fair enough Jeff, I hope you enjoy the convention.

Nic' - Who doesn't wave his 'banner' as much as he used to. (Am I getting boring?)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I've gone the last 7 years running and already have my room reserved for 2007. I gave a spoken testimony there in 2002. WNFJ is one of the high points of my year, every year. the atmosphere is NOTHING like a JW convention; it's a thoroughly enjoyable time and an opportunity to make friends and relate to a lot of people who have been through the same cult experience.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    it's a thoroughly enjoyable time and an opportunity to make friends and relate to a lot of people who have been through the same cult experience

Sounds like an Apostafest but withouth the beer and curry, guess we all have to do it our own way.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

No offense but it seems to me like "Well the frying pan was pretty hot so let me see what the fire feels like."

I believe it's the organisation of worship that hurts people, not the act. It's sometimes difficult to believe in something if there isn't a group of people to share in it and make us feel part of something. But when people get involved, peoples opinions get involved.

Just my opinion.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Monkeyshine,

the beauty of Christianity is that there is lots of room for various flavours. One day we know we will all be set straight, until then we agree on the basics and love each other as fellow travellers down this road of faith despite the differences. Do I hear an Amen?

I would really love to go to a conference. I have thoroughly enjoyed the MMOutreach audioclips. They have made me laugh, cry, shake my head in disgust. Sort of like reading posts on this forum! I imagine it would be like having a live JWD...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit