Baptisim BlackMail

by OUTLAW 27 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You had to get baptised,because of parental pressure..You had to get baptised,to date a potential mate..You had to get baptised,to get married at the Kingdom Hall..You had to get baptised,to keep your marriage together..You had to get baptised or God would kill you at Armageddon.....The list go`s on......WBT$ rules are such that,your life can be disrupted or destroyed unless your a baptised Jehovah`s Witness.....Were you forced into being baptised?...OUTLAW

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

My reasons for getting baptised at age 14 was so I would be appear very spiritual to a possible mate. Oh, and I wanted to have my baptism party at Chucky Cheese.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

No, I wasn't forced to be baptised, I did it out of choice at the age of 23, but I wasn't brought up in the wts. I know plenty of people who were blackmailed into it by their jw parents though, the youngest being 9.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A Baptisim Party at Chucky Cheese?..LOL!!..I love it!..What kid wouldn`t want to get Baptised and have a party at Chucky Cheese?!..WBT$ will take any reason for children to be baptised..Maybe WBT$ could give out Chucky Cheese coupons to kids who get baptised..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I did feel overly pressured to be baptized. I was always getting asked by the elders and then they'd get pioneer or bethel sisters to "talk" with me and try and find out the reasons why I wasn't getting baptized. What finally forced my hand was when my younger brother wanted to get baptized. My mom didn't want him to be baptized before me, so just told the elders that both of us wanted to get baptized at the next CA.

BB

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Even at 18, I was still very immature when I got baptized. I of course didn't do it because of an overwhelming desire to belong to God, or whatever they say it means.

I did it because I felt I needed to..being 18 already, I felt "unspiritual" and left out (an obviously not marriage-material...) because most of the other teenagers where dunked . So I did it for show mostly....I never mentally dedicated myself to any God or organization, never even prayed before my baptism. I just felt nervous about the questions and having to stand in my bathing suit before hundreds of people is all I could think about on that day.

So yeah, it was a pressure baptism. And one I wish never happened because now my father won't speak to me.

• juni
    juni

OUTLAW I took the plunge when I was 6 months pregnant. It was of my own accord. There was a "sort" of blackmail if you want to call it that. We were told that you really aren't a Jehovah's Witness until you are baptized. Now that's kind of smooth isn't it??

Juni

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I thought that it would make my marriage less turbulent. In the end, it only served to allow them too much control over damn near every decision I ever tried to make.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah the only reason I was going to get baptised was my husband-to-be was a "brother" and you know the deal if we wanted to be married in a hall both had to be baptised jws. Well it fell through when the brother got another woman pregnant guess I dodged a bullet. Oh my mother told me recently that said brother is now an elder.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Juni..Thats a Social Pressure Baptisim..Your not Good Enough,unless your Baptised..Your not our Equal,unless your Baptised...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit