Baptisim BlackMail

by OUTLAW 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh, ugh!

I remember my mum sheding a silent tear when asked if I was dunked yet by some friends at a CA... I think I was 16 or, so. I felt no internal complusion, but because of this cloting expectation went through the motions, including 'dedicating myself to Jehober in prayer', at 17 or 18 I think.

I need a joint...

OH!!

Does anyone else remember this Dubbie 'folk-belief' that if you couldn't remember the date of you baptism it was because you didn't mean it or weren't acceptable? That gave me the terrors...

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ohhhhh yesss! Can't understand issues unless you are baptized, and of course won't survive the Big A and live forever in paradise without the dunkin! Coersion at its finest. Only one of the finely honed behavior by compulsion techniques of the cult. Why else would a 12 year old submit to such a silly custom. Witlesses along with most all the other followers of Christ focus on the material outer act and complete forget the reality of the spiritual reality that the outward symbol stood for. Where's the baptism by fire? carmel

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

The first thong that came through on the red-carpet would not only create heart attacks but it would also change the dress code. lol

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hehehe, I sure don't remember the date, even a month after, I wouldn't remember it. (Or even how many years I was baptized for that matter.)

And they said it was to be a more important a date then our marriage day.Yeah, suuuure.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I remember after baptism putting the date down in one of those black leather bound NWT's the soceity used to hand out......and promptly losing it during the very next assembly or convention we went to. An omen perhaps........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember people saying your baptisim date was more important than your wedding date..How can a child relate to that?..Your "Chucky Cheese Baptisim Party" is more important to you at that age,than your marriage date.You have no life experience when your raised in the Jehovah`s Witness`s.Even as an older teen.You are purposly kept Socialy Retarted.....The WBT$ is a selfish,destructive,corrupt organization..The only use the WBT$ has for the members in thier religious cult the Jehovah`s Witness`s,is the promotion of thier corrupt organization.....JaguarBass..Your not the only one to be pressured into baptisim so you could be married.I`ve read that on this board before...OUTLAW

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Exactley Outlaw....I never remembered the date....didn't even try too.(On a side note... My mom doesn't know the date either.)

On the day I was baptised....It was in MA and after I got changed and ready to go back to the assembly from the hotel.....No one waited for me...no one was friendly enough for me to talk to for a person to walk back with. I ended up lost and in an alley...pretty scared.......all alone.....And the Chuckey Cheese party was a big disappointment too....with my family all CRABBY because we had just spent all day at a convention.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Megsmomma..That is just sad..Letting a child get baptised at that age is wrong!..Ruining a childs Chucky Cheese party is pathetic.....At that age,I probably would have got baptised for a Chucky Cheese Party..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit