Hmmm...

by Lumptard 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Just got this Email this morning...anyone know if there is any truth to this? Haven't been to an assembly in a while, so I can't say that I've heard one way or the other. Normally I'd just disregard this as someone talking blarghey but it came from someone who usually doesn't send me that kind of stuff...

Truly Sobering to where we are in the stream of time...

Subject:

FW: Matthew 24:14 Has Been Fulfilled

Hi Friends,

I just wanted to let you know about an important piece of information I heard first hand, this morning (actually on a recording of a Bethel representative giving a talk at the 2007 Special Day Assembly in Houston , TX ). *This same message was presented last weekend at a San Diego Special Day Assembly*. The brother specifically said (and repeated, for emphasis) that

the Faithful and Discreet Slave has decided that they have FULFILLED the scripture at Matthew 24:14! There are only 3 countries that do not have Witnesses living in the vicinity ( North Korea , Somalia , Afghanistan ). These 3 countries "bears community responsibility" for their inhabitants. These 3 countries have been preached to and currently have literature, though no witnesses live there (because Jehovah will no longer send us to places where our lives would be in danger).

The brother also said the GB is preparing for Jehovah to "put into their (governmental rulers)hearts" his purpose, then the great tribulation will INSTANTLY be upon us. He also said we have VERY LITTLE time to get our affairs in order, before we (the great crowd and the rest of mankind) are "locked into" judgement.

After hearing that recording twice, I have to admit it is VERY sobering and I have tears in my eyes and shivers down my spine. I am so ready for the end to come, but I also realize that I need to continue doing as much as I possibly can do for Jehovah before that time.

Let me know what you think.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is very true. The audio of the talk is floating around on this board, i'm sure somebody will post the link.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Cool...If someone could post the link to the audio, that'd be fantastic......

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Lumptard,

First of all WELCOME!!!

Second, They did infact say this I heard the audio myself. However, they are now back peddeling. See what another poster just posted:

**Looks like someone in the WTC made a booboo******** LOL!!!!! & it is not the 1st time. Can anyone say Damage Control!!! ============================================================================ Subject: FW: Bro. Moberg sends...MATT.24:14 BEING FULFILLED? NOT TRUE ! I recalled this message because it does not have the approval of the slave.

FRIENDS - THERE IS THE EMAIL AND SOUND BIT GOING AROUND THAT A BROTHER GAVE AT AN ASSEMBLY THAT SAID THAT THE "FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE" HAD SAID THAT MATT. 24:14 WAS FULFILLED. NOT TRUE. A BROTHER HAS CHECKED WITH LEGAL AT THE BRANCH AND HE SAID THAT IT WAS NOT TRUE AND WAS "BEING HANDLED" AT THIS TIME. PLEASE.. IF YOU HEAR OF THIS OR YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT AND SENT IT OUT TO SOMEONE ELSE..PLEASE SEND THEM THE TRUTH SO WE CAN STOP THIS FALSE EMAIL & SOUND BIT.

MUCH THANKS...AND WARM CHRISTIAN LOVE... BRO. RICK MOBERG

IP: NYWVptMV8XQ5TuVu

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Here are some more links..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/127378/1.ashx

Here is the link to the audio:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/127219/1.ashx

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    There are only 3 countries that do not have Witnesses living in the vicinity ( North Korea , Somalia , Afghanistan ). These 3 countries "bears community responsibility" for their inhabitants. These 3 countries have been preached to and currently have literature, though no witnesses live there (because Jehovah will no longer send us to places where our lives would be in danger).

If that principle were to be applied equally to everyone, we could say that the Watchtower Society bears community responsibility for it's members as well. That means that all Jehovah's Witnesses stand condemned because of the Watchtower Society's fornication with the UN as well as it's coverup of child molestation cases.

W

• Golf
    Golf

If there's truth to the rumor, then the FDS AGAIN has DECIDED the great tribulation is upon us!!!!! Wow, what startling news!!!!!

What proof do they have? I mean, since the late 1800's, this same message has been preached. If they are so sure, why don't they SUPPLY the DETAILS to this up and coming devastation.

Enough said.

Golf

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think the year text for 2007 is: the sky's falling . . . again

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the sky's falling . . . again

LOL. Seriously, I might try to start calling WTS the "Chicken Little Cult."

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

"I think the year text for 2007 is: the sky's falling . . . again"