Hmmm...

by Lumptard 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Ha ha ha.... I just love your nick name, lumptard. LOL.

• geevee
    geevee

Just received this email under the heading of Rectification of Matt24:

I received this from the sister below. I had gotten the clip from several. It sure made me realize how we'll probably feel when we do get the message that the work has been done to Jehovah's satisfaction.
    Betty

************************************wrote:
    Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:24:40 -0800 (PST)
    Subject: URGENT NEWS:DELETE! MATT 24 SOUND CLIP from assembly!!!
    To: *************************************

friends,
    some of you have heard a sound clip of a brother's talk in texas on 'Matt 24:14 is now fulfilled'.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU STOP AND/OR DELETE THIS MESSAGE. The Governing Body did not authorize this brother to say this. unfortunately, it is being spread at the speed of light to folks.
    so please send an email to all your lists that if they have received it in their email, or have sent it out, that morally you should inform everyone on your lists that this is NOT LEGIT. if you send it to everyone on your lists, then if they receive it in the future, they will be informed.

we all need to be reminded of what the FDS said in the KM, that we should try our best not to send out UNVERIFIED "news" or experiences. i know we all get so excited. and it is true that, as the clip brought out, we should all be trying to do our best before we can no longer try.

so all you dear ones, please go do this now. that will be a good thing. see letter below, esp the last sentence!

%%%%%%%
    ====================================
    B,
    Although this talk was legit, it was not authorized for this brother to make the statement and a CO contacted me and told me to pass this along to those who received that clip.
    you'll probably be getting lots of these emails. J.
    Subject: Fw: SAD Talk re: Matt 24:14--PLEASE DELETE---EVEN MORE IMPORTANT
    Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:43:41

THe back pedalling is in full earnest. I wonder though if it was said by a GB member with the intent of getting this around the world superfast to whip the Dubz into a frenzy any way?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    THIS IS MY SCRIPTURAL ANSWER FOR SUCH A SILLY EMAIL
    Hi Friends, John 2: 24,25 24 But Jesus didn’t trust them, because he knew human nature. 25 No one needed to tell him what mankind is really like.

I just wanted to let you know about an important piece of information I heard first hand, this morning (actually on a recording of a Bethel representative giving a talk at the 2007 Special Day Assembly in Houston , TX ). *This same message was presented last weekend at a San Diego Special Day Assembly*.

John 17:17 17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth

There are only 3 countries that do not have Witnesses living in the vicinity ( North Korea , Somalia , Afghanistan ). These 3 countries "bears community responsibility" for their inhabitants

Matt 7:1,2 1 “Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU .

These 3 countries have been preached to and currently have literature, though no witnesses live there (because Jehovah will no longer send us to places where our lives would be in danger).

1 Cor 4:6b “Do not go beyond the things that are written,” in order that YOU may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other.

2 Cor 11:23-37 23 Are they ministers of Christ? I reply like a madman, I am more outstandingly one: in labors more plentifully, in prisons more plentifully, in blows to an excess, in near-deaths often. 24 By Jews I five times received forty strokes less one, 25 three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I experienced shipwreck, a night and a day I have spent in the deep; 26 in journeys often, in dangers from rivers, in dangers from highwaymen, in dangers from [my own] race, in dangers from the nations, in dangers in the city, in dangers in the wilderness, in dangers at sea, in dangers among false brothers, 27 in labor and toil, in sleepless nights often, in hunger and thirst, in abstinence from food many times, in cold and nakedness

The brother also said the GB is preparing for Jehovah to "put into their (governmental rulers)hearts" his purpose, then the great tribulation will INSTANTLY be upon us

1 Cor 2:16 16 For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ.

He also said we have VERY LITTLE time to get our affairs in order, before we (the great crowd and the rest of mankind) are "locked into" judgement.

Act 4:12 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

Matt 12: 7,8 7 But you would not have condemned my innocent disciples if you knew the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ [ a ] 8 For the Son of Man [ b ] is Lord, even over the Sabbath!”

After hearing that recording twice, I have to admit it is VERY sobering and I have tears in my eyes and shivers down my spine. I am so ready for the end to come, but I also realize that I need to continue doing as much as I possibly can do for Jehovah before that time.

Hebrews 2:1,2 1 That is why it is necessary for us to pay more than the usual attention to the things heard by us, that we may never drift away. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved to be firm, and every transgression and disobedient act received a retribution in harmony with justice;

Matt 24:42 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.

Jehovah doesn't need anyone, there is nothing that we can give to God that he hasn't already given in the way of His Son, how foolish and arrogant to think we can give anything or anymore than what He has already given.

This is what I think of such an email, an email full of human reasoning and wisdom, the scriptures guide and direct our thoughts in to God's ways and let Him take care of us as we serve Him and the Christ to their glory. It will come at the appointed time and not by our doing.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit