The strangest looking (and acting) nut jobs you have ever seen at the KH!

by new boy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

One man comes to mind immediately. We will call him Brother G. He was very well known by a lot of people in my area. He pioneered. He was one of those people that would always talk about Jehovah. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He had this boisterous laugh. Everyone in the circuit knew the laugh. He would laugh at stuff that wasn't even funny but it was so loud. He would go "AH HA HA HA OHHHHH MAMA". He was a very slow driver. He'd drive 10 mph in 25 mph zone. He has been repeatedly pulled over for going too slow on the highway. I guess he figured it was a chance to witness because he would give magazines to the cops who pulled him over.

He was in his 50's, going after 20 year olds. He would stalk them. He would wait outside of their house for them to come home. Buy them flowers. The one sister he was going after was engaged. He saw her leave her fiance's house in her fiance's car, because hers was in the shop. He told the elders that she had stayed the night over her house and of course she was forced to have a meeting with the elders in the backroom. When my dad died, he went after my mom like crazy. Calling her up constantly. Three, four times a day. He would buy her gifts. She kept telling him no. She even had the elders tell him to stop but he wouldn't. He always made sure he was in my mom's car group.

His behavior at the door was not any better. He would not leave the door until the person took what he was offering. He would leave Bible Teach books in the mail slot in the door. He would never shut up. He would tell incredibly racist jokes.

• rebel8
    rebel8

We had a sista in a nearby kh who wore a white turban. I have no idea why she wore it, she was just not afraid to be different. Nice lady. She got interviewed by the press--I think they took pics of her in fs with her black husband.

Interracial marriage was still a big deal back then. There was a media story about them being in dubdom and an interracial relationship. Then we had a special needs talk about how wearing unusual clothing and "being unusual" is a bad witness. In those days they used to say interracial marriage could stumble others and cause the couple to have unnecessary persecution that could weaken their faith. IIRC she became inactive over that fiasco. Good for her.

We had lots of out of style clothing--not b/c they couldn't afford it but b/c they were so conservative about new styles. Like wearing Captain Kirk pointy boots with leisure suits and sideburns in the 80s. We actually had a special needs talk once because some bros got skinny ties and shaved off their sideburns!

We had a few old ladies who hung out together. They'd come to the meetings drunk. They used to tell us the recipes for all the mixed drinks they liked (always some random liquor with some random juice). They would talk to each other frequently during the meeting, talking *about* people there, really LOUD because they were hard of hearing. Plus they would say absolutely anything that popped into their minds. They'd say something outrageous and I'd respond by asking them for the recipe of today's drink. They used to drive their cars up on the lawn accidentally and such.

• jeckle
    jeckle

i wore boots to the meeting but dress boots(not to dressy just like you see at the spanish halls when i was growing up even some white bro's older one's do that western style) i tried to get away with it cause of the mexican thing but i got made fun of a couple of times so i stopped . i always felt wierd just being a dub i tried hard to look normal i got wierdos in my jdub family and all their friends too. 1 sister i knew of wouldnt wear red cuz she thought it was the devil's color. a family named the twitty's would travel from hall to hall free loading cuz they all pioneered after 3 years or so they would move on the dad played the piano. some loved them some hated them. my step sisters the middle one stole the younger one's hubby even tho the younger one is beautiful(and i do mean that as a brother i can still know my sis is beautiful. as a kid a stood up to men for her). I really feel insecure about it tho i knew stranger people then me but always being an outsider i felt like the wierdo and really just longed to be normal. i did rebel from the dub life in teens and when i came back felt more like the wierdo with them. funny out of the dub life i well balanced and it doesnt bother me at all .

• rebel8
    rebel8

Were they Kirk boots with a polyester leisure suit and big Rockford Files sideburns?

• jeckle
    jeckle

rebel8 that's hilarious especially since i love over dramatic actors he's my fav. i'm always entertaining my bro's with impersanations he's one of them. lmao

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

I loved the crazies, they made it remotely interesting.

at the book study onne older guy would glaze over and give the most terrifying witness, regardless of the reading, and he always went last setting the memory, I think he thought he was teaching us a lesson or something, how serious the whole affair was.

So many variations of crazy its imposible to bring them all up.

• freddo
    freddo

Not a nutjob but a funny situation.

In the 1980's a blind guy in our area becomes a witness - nice "normal" chap, holds down a job and paid his way - and brings his guide dog (officially provided dog in the UK to help him get about). So he always sat at the front of the hall so there was space for his dog to lie at his feet.

Anyway this professionally trained dog which is so good and obedient just lay there and occasionally yawned (didn't we all?) or breathed heavily.

Circuit Overseer turns up and halfway through one of the evening talks the dog lets out this massive loud fart which went on for several seconds and the blind brother pipes up "Sorry brother, that's never happened before!"

The CO doesn't miss a beat and says "Oh it was the dog was it? - I thought it was Bro. _______ , your Presiding Overseer!"

Everyone in the hall collapsed laughing.

• new boy
    new boy
    A good one from the bone yard!
  • new boy
    new boy
    By the way the purpose of this thread was NOT to make fun of odd people or people who have mental issues. The point was that these people would go out in the field ministry. The people at the doors eternal lives (according to the society) depended on there response to the people who were sharing the "good news" to them.
  • Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Well the creator could use mentally challenged, disabled and eccentric people to accomplish his purpose. So I see no issue here. Were all works in progress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit