The strangest looking (and acting) nut jobs you have ever seen at the KH!

by new boy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

There are so many after after 52 years in the "borg".

My top two would have to be at my last hall Tigard Oregon.

One lady slept in her pickup truck with 30 parakeets, sometimes in the KH parking lot. People tried to help her with accommodations but she like the truck. She really dressed up for the meetings......feather boa's, big hats, looked like May West from the 30's. She would put some of the birds in her purse and give them a bath in the lady's room............She was a nice lady and didn't stink!......as opposed to the next group.

This women was in her sixties had two boys in their 20's...........Looked like a bag lady, No teeth, ugly.....but worst......NEVER took a bath..........When they came to the meetings they parted the Red Sea........NO one would sit with in 3 rows of them!.............Her boys were both 3 clams shy of a clam bake........It is thought she had sex with her bother..........But get THIS, this is the best part!

The elders told her and her boys that they couldn't go out in field service, (lucky devils) until they clean themselfs up!...............She said "screw you" and went ANYWAY. They gave her no magazines or territries.......Didn't stop her, she went to the laundromats and got it there. We would be out in service, and a house holder would say "Some old women and 2 guys were here yesterday" AH yes.

I'm sure she gave a FINE witness......and other people's responds to it, well......would mean their eternal LIFE!

NB

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

LOL,

A brother in our hall wore a giant sombrero in service to keep "caterpillars from falling" on his head. One time a brother walked from the back of the hall, plucked a leaf off one of the fake plants, handed it to the speaker and walked out the back door. One sister kept her hand up throughout both the reading of the paragraphs and the questions in heil Hitler formation. She was never picked, but I was always curious as to what she might say. Maybe she just wanted permission to go to the bathroom. Some very unique individuals in that Org to say the least.

FBF

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Over the 40 years I was a JW believe me there were plenty of odd people like;

The young 20ish schizophrenic brother who tried so hard to be pleasing to Jah, studied, commented, was regular in field service, had regular parts on the service meeting as well as in the Ministry School. All of this while living with his mental illness and a house full of very dysfunctional people, parents and too many siblings to count.

One night he had the Bible reading which was not given first thing as is regularly scheduled but postponed until last talk. He gets up on the platform and apologized the the Congregation for being late and said it was due to his just getting out of the hospital minutes before because he tried to poke his eye out. He had a bandage on his forehead.....sadly enough many in the audience began to laugh. I have a sister who has this same mental illness, I didn't find it funny.

I always was amazed by his dedication and zeal for Jah, something which I felt lacking in myself and would many times wonder why a mentally ill person could do it and I couldn't.

Then there was this young married couple who were both mentally challenged and who found such delight in the simplest of things but had a hard time fitting in with other young couples in the congregation. Many of the older couples took them under their wing. They were cute, strange but very sincerely in love and sincere about their service to Jah. I once again found them to come up to the standards of serving Jah in ways I felt lacking. I also wondered how a (excuse the term) but a retarded couple could be so happily married with all the struggles that goes with marriage and I was so called normal and very unhappily married. I envied them.

Then we had a sister who's parents survived the concentration camps in Germany, he mother was a militant and literally snuck herself her daughter and a son into the US. They lived with meager means. The sister lived as a street person back in the 60's and had very little to call her own. Somehow she got hooked up with the JW's and they really helped her out, but her Mother disowned her due to becoming a JW.

She moved away from her Mother and ended up in our congregation. She married a nice guy (brother) and they had one boy. She was notorious for going to the swap meet in town and the town dump where she got most if not all of the furnishings for her home which btw was beautiful. You could never give her a complement about what she was wearing or anything with out her saying; "I bought it for a quarter at the swap meet, thrift store or found it at the dump." In her heavy German accent which was mocked by most all the JW's in the congregation behind her back, myself included, it became a joke.

Her husband had a good business and did well and she invested all their money in property to this day she is a millionaire, takes care of elderly people and sad to say he husband (who btw left the b'org) was murdered by some druggie while trying to get the rent from him.

I grew to love her she was a very humble person, kind and giving and really cared nothing about what others thought of her weirdness, she knew where she came from and was very proud of her achievements. I got to where I stuck up for her when others (JW's) would start mocking her.

I could go on and on here newboy with the strange and weird ones I got to know over the many years as a JW. My point is I used to think of the different ones as weird and shamefully before I knew better I used to join in making fun of them. I went through a very tough time and learned a lot about human nature, myself and what makes us tick and began to see the "nut jobs" differently and put myself out there and got to know them. Most people are damaged goods, we all are to some extent I know I am but now I try not to judge them and see their strangeness more as a response to the trials in their lives.

I know your purpose with this thread wasn't to make fun of people and I don't mean to put a damper on the thread. This is just my intorspection so to speak about what I've learned from a few "nut jobs" I've know in the B'org. Whos to say they are the nutters anyway? LOL

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I knew a guy once who was in a home for the mentally challenged. He asked, "Do you know why I am in here and you're not?" I said, "No". And he said, "Because there are more of your types, than mine"!

Sounds reasonable to me!

Outaservice

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Bikerchic:

I agree with you that we are all damaged goods. It is just that with some it is very obvious while the rest can hide it. I would never laugh at somebody who has a serious mental problem and I do agree with your opinion that some of the so-called nut jobs are worth getting to know. People might be pleasantly surprised at what they find and may well find them to be better people than the ones with a better outward appearance.

The only so-called nut jobs I ever had a problem with was if they were also con artists trying to get things out of people. Then I stayed the hell away.

LHG

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I once went to a meeting where a woman who had gotten the idea of women being silent in the churches was mean for now and that God was dead serious about it. She came in, dressed in long, modest, shapeless clothes. long hair, and wouldn't say a word to anyone. He husband glowered whenever any female spoke or if anyone directed a comment to his wife. They didn't last long. Kind of scary husband. I'd be afraid to speak a word in front of him too. I know that isnt typical JW craziness, it just seemed like JW craziness taken to a whole new level (several levels off from regular JW craziness.)

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Bike Chic (chick?)

and would many times wonder why a mentally ill person could do it and I couldn't.

You do realize that you summed up the religion in a single phrase? It is LOADED with people who are clinically but controllably insane.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

A guy named Bill. He was shizpphrenic and when he was on meds he was tolerable, when not he was impossible. It was difficult because you knew he had real problems, but sometimes he came up with the weirdest things. And he could actually be quite creepy ( he was never allowed to be alone with children as he confessed to our car group once that he sometimes had improper urges) Our Bookstudy conductor would call on him even when he was "off". So we heard some off the wall comments. He commented frequently on his struggle to battle masturbation, his attraction to elders wifes, etc.

my absolute favorite comment from him was "my dad said a hard penis has no conscience, so I told him my soft one does"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    It is LOADED with people who are clinically but controllably insane.

Oh oh oh, that is so my mother and Dad is coming up behind.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I liked the nutjobs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit