Pay it forward...

by AuldSoul 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Okay, so in line with the concept of the movie Pay It Forward, how can JWs best save the most people?

Here we go:

(1) Murder is a sin.

(2) People who are repentant of sins are forgiven.

(3) People who go to hell (the common grave of mankind) are still alive in God's eyes, just sleeping.

(4) Ergo, if a JW sends someone to hell the JW hasn't sinned.

Now, that gets the basic doctrine stuff out of the way.

If every JW kills one thousand non-JW people there will be about 6,000,000 JWs left. If every one of these repents over the deaths of whichever ones didn't go to hell, they will have saved way more people than they ever can by preaching.

And, if by chance they miss out on everlasting life by helpig someone else to attain it: No greater love has any...

Any questions? Any religion where the above would hold doctrinally true is thoroughly sick.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Interesting AS, I haven't seen that movie

If every JW kills one thousand non-JW people there will be about 6,000,000 JWs left. If every one of these repents over the deaths of whichever ones didn't go to hell, they will have saved way more people than they ever can by preaching.

You might be giving them ideas with this thought, so be careful!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

sick indeed.

and that is an interesting take on "paying it forward"! lol!

tetra

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If every JW kills one thousand non-JW people

Am I ever glad you aren't on the Governing Body!!!!!!!!!

Be careful about your ideas, you never know if the current administration
    might just go off the deep end and apply some of the ideas they hear.

I could see the WTS going out in one big bang-
    by not replacing the old farts after they die, thinning the top,
    then two of the three, or four of the six remaining discover it ain't the truth,
    but that they have all these people doing their bidding, so they do
    something like you describe, ordering a mass killing, followed by a suicide.
    New light will explain it all. Just do it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Call me psycho (hey, you do anyway ;P~), but this was not a point lost on me as a witness. I used to kid around about killing unique people (like singers with a one-of-a-kind voice), so that we'd be sure they were in the new system. But my kidding aside, every time I'd make that joke, I'd have to think about the fact that within the witness belief system, my logic was flawless.

And as for the idea that I might not be allowed into the new system, well, I figured, I might, and if not, we're supposed to be admire sacrifice anyway.

Actually, I find it remarkable that more exJW's didn't at least make a mental note of this JW doctrinal logic. It's pretty well implicit in their teachings: death before armageddon is a guaranteed ticket into the new system.

You can be sure that the witness men who killed their families in the past few years where thinking about this.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Yeah, when someone dies, I have heard it said that there are two ways to get into the new system. And I must admit that I remember thinking, if only there was a way to know when Armegedon was coming, then right before it hit, I could kill everyone I loved that wasn't a baptized JW so they could be resurected. I would feel really bad and be forgiven and we all live happily ever after. But it didn't seem right that my religion made it seem like killing people was the logical and right thing to do. Sad, sad, sad. I'm so glad I am out of that twisted way of thinking.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It was probably here on JWD that I read this theory.
    JW's teach that God can forgive the ignorant, but not the
    ones who choose to turn their back on the obvious truth of
    the Bible that God's Witnesses preach.

Every time you make a point to someone in field service,
    you remove some of their ignorance, thus making it harder for
    them to be forgiven and resurrected. Everyone would be better off
    worldly and ignorant except at the last moment, which we really
    don't know how far off that is.

Something like that.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Well, the last time I spoke to a WT follower, he had this looook in his eye.............

Cheers

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Can you ask him what is wrong next time? I am courious as hell about this reactionas my mom and her elders seem very uneasy and uncomfortable around me.

i will ask them next time...I hate guessing and only they have that answer.

• Scully
    Scully

A little over a decade ago, while I was struggling with depression and with JW theology and the Logic™ behind it, I came to exactly the same conclusion that you did.

I didn't have the movie to prompt my thought processes, but basically everything in the JW belief system boiled down to everyone being better off dead.

For example:

If you don't make all the meetings, you are displeasing Jehovah and he could judge you for it at Armageddon™. If you were dead, you wouldn't have to attend meetings, and would get Resurrected™. Therefore, you're better off dead.

If you miss Field Service™, you are displeasing Jehovah. You could even be bloodguilty because someone may have been waiting for you to show up at their door with The Good News™. If that person dies before Armageddon™, they will have a Resurrection™. Therefore they are better off dead, and so are you.

If you make a mistake and get DFd, and you don't get Reinstated™ before Armageddon™, you'll be destroyed forever. At least if you are dead, you'll have a chance at being Resurrected™ in the New System™. Therefore, you're better off dead. If your young children are judged on account of your being DFd, they'll be destroyed forever at Armageddon™. Therefore, they are better off dead because at least they'll have a Resurrection™.

If you are not a Good Example™ in the congregation, and someone becomes Stumbled™ on account of your actions, and they die at Armageddon™ - you will be bloodguilty and will be destroyed too. To avoid being bloodguilty, they would be better off if we were dead. They would also be better off if they were dead.

You can't do anything wrong if you are dead. Therefore you are better off - at least in this System of Things™ - if you are dead and wait for a Resurrection™.

It makes perfect sense to me why there are so many suicides among DFd people who still believe JWs have The Truth™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit