Pay it forward...

by AuldSoul 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Sounds a bit like Islam to me.

• dark angle
    dark angle

seems this discussion is dangerous, but i like the free thoughts here. AUDSOUL, thats an intruiging concept you boldly indorse. i haven't thought of that. Its more than even the extremist islam...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

dark angle,

Welcome to the fray!

I don't endorse the logical consequences of their logically flawed belief system, dark angle. I acknowledge it exists. I just admit the logical consequences, as Scully outlined.

The upshot of their dogma is that it is better if every human was dead than if any had to face the judgment of Armageddon.

A couple of points to add to Scully's list:

If (1) it is very difficult to serve God acceptably now because of wicked influences and (2) wicked influences will be removed in the New System™, then (3) it is better for everyone to "pay for their sins" now (i.e. die, see Romans 6:23) so they can learn to please God under conditions more conducive to success.

Tying this thought in with the concept in Peter's writings that God doesn't want anyone destroyed (eternally) but wants everyone to attain to repentance, it is a very small step to believing God wants everyone to die before Armageddon.

It is sick. A terribly distorted outlook on the world. The religion is societally damaging. The religion is a cult. The expectation is that the adherents will pretend happiness while feeling very dark emotions, indeed. This falsely happy exterior is to attract new converts and, unfortunately, it works to a degree.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You can't do anything wrong if you are dead. Therefore you are better off - at least in this System of Things™ - if you are dead and wait for a Resurrection™.

This was the conclusion my mother came to. She told me once that she used to pray for her twin sister's death, preferably by some disease like cancer (that way her death wasn't "her fault"). Interestingly enough, my mother died of cancer. Her twin sister is still alive and kicking.

Yep -- karma's a bitch.

I remember in my many arguments with elders back in the day that my conclusion was that Jehovah was guilty of harassment, stalking and extortion. He was, according to the elders, holding me hostage and threatening me with death unless my butt was parked in a seat at a Kingdom Hall.

I remember asking one of the elders, after I had made this statement, "And I want to worship this person -- WHY?" They looked at me in shocked amazement. I told them I wasn't afraid of death, in point of fact at that point in my life I would have welcomed it, but my point to them (which naturally flew past their little grey cells) was why do I want to be believe or worship any god who just because (1) he's bigger and stronger than me; and (2) threatens me with death unless I do what he wants?

Yeppers -- I'm wearing the red uniform and I'm dead meat.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

If every JW kills one thousand non-JW people there will be about 6,000,000 JWs left. If every one of these repents over the deaths of whichever ones didn't go to hell, they will have saved way more people than they ever can by preaching.

Now, I think you recently said this to Moshe, but Auldsoul, you are fast becoming my hero.

• dark angle
    dark angle

audsoul, few people could put that thinking as straight forward as you do and several members here. at times i had the feeling similar to scully. it is quite a subtle scare tactic. but i have to point out that such a scenario(the killings) is very unpopular & remote through out the JW community. however i must admit that it is a logical consequence of our belief system and i don't see yet anything that could answer that. but what troubles me now is that why does an allpowerfull being needs constantly be praised? why does he hunger so much glorification? i'm eager on what could you say on that.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    I wasn't afraid of death, in point of fact at that point in my life I would have welcomed it, but my point to them (which naturally flew past their little grey cells) was why do I want to be believe or worship any god who just because (1) he's bigger and stronger than me; and (2) threatens me with death unless I do what he wants?

That's exactly how I felt when I left. I just decided that if I only had a chance of making it anyway, I might as well do whatever I wanted without regards to morals and be happy at least in this life. Then I soon learned that the God of the Bible is not mean like that at all. Now that I worship Him, I am much happier.

• Navigator
    Navigator

There is a great new book out now, available on Amazon.Com, called "WHAT GOD WANTS" by Neale Donald Walsh. The answer is surprising simple. When you read it you will know that he is right. Neale Walsh is the guy who wrote "Conversations With God" . The problem is that the God portrayed in the bible is ALL WRONG! I'm with Big Tex. Why in the world would I want to worship a God as portrayed in the Old Testament?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit