Advice for single brothers and sisters at the DC

by Bumble Bee 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I found this on another DB and thought it was so true! I recognized someone from almost every group listed here.

Anybody you recognize or do you have another group to add to the list?

The District Conventions are right around the corner. We all know that 85-90 percent of all scouting done is done here. This is a time for some SERIOUS discretion. I don't want anyone walking around not knowing what they are doing.

Sisters, this is what you'll be encountering:

The Watchers - The ones who sit with binoculars during the whole convention and stare at you.

The Fronters - The ones who give you this long story about how they're a ministerial servant, regular pioneer, etc. All the while you're staring at a diamond stud in their ears.

The Wallholderuppers - Now brothers, there's nothing wrong with standing by a wall. But if you're there when she arrives, when she goes to the bathroom in the morning, at lunch and in the afternoon, there's a problem.

The Annoyers - The guy who meets you on Friday and every time you pass him in the corridor, he's calling your name and saying "HI!!"

The Player - The guy who tries to get your number Friday, and by Sunday has tried to talk to all the girls.

The Desperate One - The one who begins with, "Can I get your number?" You reply "No", and then he proceeds to ask for every sort of communication to reach you (address, pager, cell, e-mail, etc.).

The Fast One - The one who meets you on Friday, and by Sunday he's trying to sit with you.

The Gamer - The one who walks by you a few times, looking for your name on your lapel badge. Then, next time he passes by, he calls you by your name and says "Don't I know you?"

The Shy One - The one who has his boy tell you what he wants you to know.

The Follower - The one who follows you all 3 days of the convention, but never says a word to you.

The Talker - The one who meets you at the convention, then shows up at your hall for the very next meeting.

The Liar - You find out later that he's 30 years old, as been married 7 years, divorced for 1 year, is currently engaged, and still trying to talk to you.

The O.G . - The ones you've seen the past 10 years, standing on the walls trying to talk to everyone.

The "I'm Too Fine, So I Know You Want Me" Ones - Ones who approach you, but automatically think that you want them.

The Skittle - The Brother who seems to have a suit in every BRIGHT color, with patent leather shoes and a belt to match.

First Man - The Brother who always seems to have like 4 or five other body guards...I mean brothers with him all the time.

The Rat Pack - The brothers that always "hang" together, goofing off and acting a mess till they spot you coming then they go into cool mood all of a sudden.

The Narco's - Narcoleptics I mean. The well dressed brother who sits like 3 or four rows behind or in front of you, who removes his suit jacket before the session starts, places it in the seat in front of him, grabs his bible and places it on his right knee than proceeds to SLEEP through the WHOLE session!!!

The Invisible one - The Brother you have seen for the past who knows how many years at the convention. Well dressed, approachable, qualified, great smile. You only see him once or twice during the whole three days and every time you see him, it's for less than a second then he just seems to disappear, and you don't see him again till next year when he does the same disappearing act. You never know where or when he's going to show up, he's just there and gone. And for some odd reason you just know you're meant to have his last name. *sigh* maybe this year!

Chosen Ones - This brother has the same qualifications as the Invisible Brother, and you sit like maybe a row or two from him, just when you think it's going to be a great 3 days seeing him, "she" walks up the steps and sits in the seat next to him. He's taken! If it's too good to be true! It's not true!

And last, but not least, we have:

The Wanted Ones - These are the ones who have all the qualities you like, are the complete opposite of the guys mentioned above, but never approach you. The brother who always seems to be running around, suit jacket blowing in the wind on Ministerial Servant/Attendant "missions", "assignments" or "investigations" EVERY TIME you see him, and can only manage to wave hello and flash a beautiful smile.

WATCH OUT BROTHERS, Here's your obstacle course:

LIARS - these sisters say, "I would love to go to Bethel someday? I could definitely see myself as a pioneer when I'm married." Meanwhile, you can't help but to notice their tight-fitting dress with a slit beginning at the waist as they say it.

$$$ISTERS - these sisters wear so much make-up that they cause riots with the sales reps at Macy's. Her nails are so long that shaking her hand would be putting Jehovah to the test. The color of their hair is anything BUT the color of THEIR hair (grape-ity purple, lemony yellow, and blueberry blue) IF THAT IS THEIR HAIR. And she thinks she is the finest thing in the Coliseum. (BROTHERS count every item of gold or platinum jewelry she has on. that 's ONE JOB PER ITEM to provide for her.)

GIGGLERS - this group of girls chooses a particular spot at the convention site and proceeds to laugh as though they heard the most hilarious joke? So that brothers can come over to them to find out what they were laughing about.

"GIFTED" SISTERS - these sisters claim to have the "gift of singleness" meanwhile they have given their phone number, e-mail, pager#, etc., to at least 5 brothers and they know where/when every gathering in the tri-state area is being held? Both English AND Spanish.

FAKERS - these sisters are on a more, shall we say, PSYCHOTIC level than the GIFTED ones. These sisters refuse to get married NOT EVER. EEEEEVVERRR! They speak of this divinely established arrangement as though it was a curse, and those seeking to get married will not survive Armageddon. And the brother, WHO SHE JUST GAVE HER NUMBER TO, must feel the same way.

BABY 'S MAMA SISTERS - instead of being straight forward about her child, this sister will keep her child with her parents, relatives, or say it's a sibling, until the engagement ring finally comes around.

STALKERS - these sisters/possibly worldly girls, rather than sit attentively and take notes during the meeting, view the convention meeting as the perfect time to pass notes about a particular brother in the area. They use binoculars to see where his seat is and when he leaves. Their friends are positioned in different areas of the arena, each equipped with cell phones and 2-way pagers. And it is just coincidence that every where > the brother goes, THERE SHE IS. Do you introduce yourself, or inform the attendants that you are in possible danger?!

SHULAMNITE MAIDENS - this sister is PLATINUM personified marriage material. She is modest, takes notes during the convention meetings, volunteers in any way that she can, keeps her association balanced, is attractive while not being provocative, and is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of all he sisters mentioned. She is the one that "wanted brothers " would cut their right arm off for just to say "hi". Unfortunately, the "wanted" brothers are just too busy to say hi.

BB

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    SHULAMNITE MAIDENS - this sister is PLATINUM personified marriage material. She is modest, takes notes during the convention meetings, volunteers in any way that she can, keeps her association balanced, is attractive while not being provocative, and is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of all he sisters mentioned. She is the one that "wanted brothers " would cut their right arm off for just to say "hi". Unfortunately, the "wanted" brothers are just too busy to say hi.

Something tells me the person (probably a chick) who wrote this is pretty damn clueless.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Ah yes! All the wonderful rules and regulations. I think a big part of why I'm still single.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Something tells me the person (probably a chick) who wrote this is pretty damn clueless.

I think she sees herself as the Shulamnite Maiden. BB

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm nowhere in there.

Maybe there should be another catagory under "sisters" like "The Fader": Never baptised, of age to marry, not quite wannabe jw. You can tell she's just looking for a way out. Looks bored even during the most exciting talks and drama (can you see in the dark?). She might be attractive but none of the brothers show any interest and she doesn't care. Soon to be missing from the meat markets of the circuit and district conventions.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I personally wouldn't want a woman who's referred to as a "shulamnite", nor any other type of shoe. Well, the Hush Puppies might be okay :)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Very interesting analysis of all the players.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Quite an interesting, and largely accurate description of many single jws who attend dcs. I can think of several people I know who would fit one of those descriptions.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I think she sees herself as the Shulamnite Maiden. BB

Word.

So, young Shulamite Maiden, you take notes and you volunteer? And that makes you "marriage material?" I say that makes you uninteresting. Notice how none of those activities have any gauge on how nice the relatives are, any personal hobbies, dreams, et cetera. For all we know, she has the personality of a sheet of plaster.

In her mind a Borg drone is "marriage material." Poor thing.

I know a sister in my hall who would fit the SM bill (except for being attractive). She's the same age as me, or perhaps a year younger. The poor dear is FINALLY learning how to drive. I know in NY you guys don't have to learn, but in southern cali you must know before 17. This girl and her mom drag themselves out in pioneering in their tired old car even though the mom suffers from fibromyalgia. Last Sunday I led the group out. I saw the poor mother wincing in pain during the meeting. I wish I could tell her to go get some rest...go take care of herself. But no...gotta pioneer. Gotta sell those mags.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

What about the " Slapper",

A sister who has been d/f'ed or publicly reproofed more time's than she can remember , for fornication, loose conduct etc, but who portrays herself to be as" pure as the driven snow" ..... met a lot of those!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit