Question for the ladies.

by BrentR 35 Replies latest social relationships

• BrentR
    BrentR

I would be interested to hear from the ladies about women that go after married men. Why do some seek them out over single guys? I remember years ago reading an article about them but I do not remember much. I have been married long enough that I should have the "beaten dog" look on my face by now. All of my married male friends have it so I must also. That look should project the stink of death to most single women but not always.

Last week I got hit on three times but I do not have enough time or money for an affair. But it did get me wondering why they go after such high risk prey? Is it the chase or the kill?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LOL... I have no idea. Most women I know who have ended up entangled with a MM did not know at first and then continued on when the found out due to desperation. It's kind of weird if you ask me.

As far as the beaten dog look, tell me more. What exactly qualifies as a beaten dog look?

• exwitless
    exwitless
    I do not have enough time or money for an affair.

Wow, now there there's a good reason NOT to have an affair. How about "I'm married, so I wouldn't be interested in an affair"? Anyway, I don't speak from experience because I'm married and I would never do something like that to my husband. However, my guess is that some women really want what they can't have. Once they've gotten it, they lose interest and move on. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, so to speak.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Personally, if I were single, it would never occur to me to go after a married man, and I tend to have a very low opinion of anyone, male or female, that would go after someone who is married.

To speculate, maybe the married ones are more attractive because they represent a challenge, or the fact that someone wanted to keep them enough to marry them means that there is something good about them worth having?

Personally, I think that if one manages to steal someone away from their spouse, they are destined to never have a true trusting relationship. There would always be an element of distrust because if that person was willing to cheat & leave once, they will do it again if given the chance.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I have known a couple of women that preferred married men.

The reasons?

1. The man usually didn't want a relationship - just sex - so it never got complicated.
    2. The guys were usually very experimental in bed because they wanted to do things their wives would not.
    I wish I was making that up but I'm not.

-ithinkisee
  • Stealth453
    Stealth453

The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence

But you still need to mow it every Saturday morning...

• Paisley
    Paisley

I can't imagine wanting a married man! I'd rather have my own and I wouldn't take someone else's, even if I could.

But talking to a married man can be fun chat though. I enjoy that, if the man is generally interesting or just good at conversation.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Exwitless, I should have clarified that was my tongue-in-cheek answer I give my wife anytime the subject of affairs comes up. It's always good for a scowl and a vinegarish reply from my wife. She is the only women on this planet that could put up with me and we get along great.

My wife has the theory that maybe they are tired of getting puppies and want something that is bit more house-broken and predictable. Maybe even somewhat trained allready.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Forgive me if I am out of line but I think it might be wise to tell your wife about these women flirting with you. It's easy to entertain the thoughts in our minds and possibly look forward to the next time it happens. My famous saying is Mold Can't Grow in the Sunlight.

I have had friends that have cheated and I don't have any respect for them, regardless of their big WHY for doing it. Just isn't right no matter how we candy coat it.

Perhaps you don't have the beaten dog look after all. lol

• exwitless
    exwitless

Exwitless, I should have clarified that was my tongue-in-cheek answer I give my wife anytime the subject of affairs comes up. It's always good for a scowl and a vinegarish reply from my wife. She is the only women on this planet that could put up with me and we get along great.

Sorry for assuming otherwise, BrentR. My bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit