That's it, we've had ENOUGH and we are MOVING!

by Schism 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Schism
    Schism

I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find the old post about this. I am looking for another area of the US to move to. Edit: Please be aware, I am ranting right now, but nothing here is exaggerated. It's all very real. I laughed like a mad person while typing because it really helps to get it off my chest how much I hate it here. I think about how much I hate it every day, LOL!

It is HOT (yeah, even in January it is hot), humid, grey, rainy, hurricanes, mud, mold, moss, mildew, tornado killed several people here recently, it floods every week, and the people here are so rude! Every day when I come home from town, I think, "hmmm...I think I told myself "hello", "how are you?", and "have a nice day" at least 6 times, a new record!! Everyone is imbred and trashy, and thinks the world owes them. I am sick of being nice to people who are so very mean in return.

Every city in this state is filthy. The stink is endless. It always either smells like sewage, skunk, garbage, rotting carcasses, suger-mill, paper-mill, sulphur, stagnant crawfish water, manure, gasoline, natural gas---something always stinks. When driving, we are always get to enjoy the suprise of what each area here will bring in the thick, heavy, rotten air through the AC.

Wasps are invading my house and I can't figure out where they are getting in. I've caulked everything here and somehow I can be greeted by a lively wasp in the morning. One time, there were SEVEN of them in the same place at the same time! In my house!!! This has been happening off and on for almost 2 years. I think they get a group together just to torture me. I am scared to death of them! I spray Raid in the house and risk our lives just to kill them.

The crime sucks here. We try to get out as little as possible. Wouldn't want to get mugged while pumping gasoline right?

My life is literally confined to the walls of my house because I hate the weather and the people (and my house is in a mudhole), and then I get to fight with bugs! I have an exterminator, but they do not work with wasps because it's too difficult, so I am screwed.

My husband's trade is monopolized by one of the worst companies in the world. They are all bad, and this one really takes the cake! Cruel and demanding, sucks so much out of employees and gives little in return. It is very top-heavy and I am waiting for it to crumble. No competition makes this possible. They have politicians in their pockets and they use this power to keep other companies out.

I'm in hicksville, and I am ready for a change. We are young, and ready and willing to pack up and flee. Give me your ideas.

I have traveled throughout the entire north/northwest of the US, and I love how clean it is. When we are out of town, the air feels crisp, smells like plain air and not ca ca, and the humidity goes way down. I am a big fan of Colorado. It just smells good!

I haven't been to any of the eastern states though. Can anyone tell me of some nice spots there?

Here's my checklist of what I like:

1. I would like a place with 4 seasons. No 10 month winters or year-round summers. I wish I could see some snow.

2. Low humidity.

3. Clean.

4. Not in a large city. Outskirts, yes. I like privacy.

5. Affordable.

6. Businesses who have competition, so the treat their employees with dignity in order to keep them from quitting.

7. People who will return your "hello" without rolling their eyes.

8. No hoods!

9. Dirt and grass, instead of mud!

10. NOT rainy, I'll take snow over rain any day. They both get old, but at least you can play with snow

I know I am asking too much, but If we can just get half of that in a new location, it would be worth it. I am really interested in Colorado and California, but those states have a lot of very different climates within themselves, and I'm just not sure where to start looking. I know Cali is expensive, so I've written it off for now.

We need to get out of here, help me out and lend your knowledge Anyone wanna trade houses? I couldn't do that to any of you because this area is about to fall off into the gulf, and I wish this on no one.

• Confession
    Confession

Schism, one thing I didn't read is where you are? So where are you?

• hubert
    hubert

Can I ask which state you are in right now? Sounds like Louisianna or there abouts to me, but I'm not an expert.

Some areas of Connecticut are very nice, but you'd have to check into it more.

Hubert

• Schism
    Schism

Come on you guys, lol. Mud? Crawfish? Hurricanes? Gulf?

Ok ok, Louisiana... In the deepest, darkest depths of it.

• hubert
    hubert

Hey, I guessed right !! Yippee !!

If you like lots of snow and like to ski, New Hampshire or Vermont would be nice, but don't forget it gets cold, too. I hate the cold. I hate the snow. (Why am I living up here)?

The bugs are smaller than down south, too.

Hubert

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Schism,

Here we have a state-wide population of 600,000 total. We have all four seasons. We'd welcome you here. It's the "Green Mountain State".

Dismembered

• Bryan
    Bryan

You may have seen my post earlier about considering moving to Kennewick, WA. There is a lot of work there and it meets several of your needs.

Bryan

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Sure cannot blame you for wanting to move by your description!
    It really is hard to beat California. There's a reason so many people are here.

The Sierra Gold Country foothills sound like you might like them.
    Pollock Pines, Placerville, Auburn, Grass Valley, to name a few you may
    want to investigate.

The above have 4 seasons, dry in the summer and rain/some snow in the winter.
    The leaves turn as well.

I do not know anything about the job opportunities though.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    2. Low humidity.

That's the only thing on the list that we have here that is opposite to what you want. I used to live in California so I'm used to low humidity and it's gets kinda high here but's it's nothing compared to the southern states like Florida. I highly recommend the area of Indiana (It's called Fishers) I live in. It's nice, clean, has a low cost of living, you can afford to buy a house here, low crime, and the people are totally friendly. I love it here.

Josie

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

1. I would like a place with 4 seasons. No 10 month winters or year-round summers. I wish I could see some snow.

2. Low humidity.

3. Clean.

4. Not in a large city. Outskirts, yes. I like privacy.

5. Affordable.

6. Businesses who have competition, so the treat their employees with dignity in order to keep them from quitting.

7. People who will return your "hello" without rolling their eyes.

8. No hoods!

9. Dirt and grass, instead of mud!

10. NOT rainy, I'll take snow over rain any day. They both get old, but at least you can play with snow

Well, New Jersey is all of the above except #5....unless you move to southern NJ! PM me if you'd like to talk off the thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit