That's it, we've had ENOUGH and we are MOVING!

by Schism 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Mid States for all seasons, and not extremes in any of them. Southern Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Northern Georgia.

Outaservice (Why am I here in Florida?)

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Hey schism where you been haven't seen you on much lately? Everything ok?

On to you topic I love conneticut or up-state NY but it gets pretty cold in the winter sometimes. Colorado is really nice but Utah is similar and most parts are cheaper. I live in MO it's ok here we have all four seasons the winters aren't to hard but we do get some snow and the economy isn't bad. I used to live in Cali it has alot of perks but is insanely exspensive to house yourself unless you stick to the middle of the state which is still high. What does your husband do for work? If it has anything to do with construction stay as far away from Mexico as possible, nothing against mexicans but the illegals kill the construction market.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I moved from Louisiana to Mississippi, it's a lot cleaner- but just as hot. I realy like Houma, La.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Hey Schism, What Dismembered said is accurate.. we are a smaller state and would love to have you join us here in Vermont!!! cabs

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Hey Schism, What Dismembered said is accurate.. we are a smaller state and would love to have you join us here in Vermont!!! cabs

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Texas is nice. I live on the outskirts of Waco. People here are nice and speak in person but they are very rude when it comes to driving.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Western North Carolina is lovely; it gets a little snow, but not too much. It's really lovely; there are a few cities and a lot of countryside, the Blue Ridge Parkway, some of the the oldest mountains in the country. Nice skiining in some areas. More temperate than Colorado; smaller mountains because they're older. Very nice choice, I'd say, at least for scenery and snow:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/131863757mjcMsz

Good luck. Sorry you're in such a miserable situation. I've lived in Swannanoa (aka, Swannanowhere), Brevard, and Asheville, all satisfactory places, although I prefer the city to the country for convenience of public transit. I'll get you some piccies.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Coeur d'Alene Idaho, this is where we call home. It's got everything you wanted in your list, and....I'm in the mortgage business, hehe. Can help you out if you need it.

BP

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Come to Western Pennsylvania on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. A place where you can still buy a beautiful house in a great neighborhood for less than $100,000. Most likely can get a really good house for $50,000 to $80,000 with reasonable taxes. And.................................a family can live pretty good on a combined income of less than $50,000.

The same type of house that sells here for .......... let's say...........$80,000 will sell in Florida for around $200,000 and the one in Florida doesn't have a basement. That same house in California can get even more than in Florida.

And the people here do say hello. The crime really isn't as bad as in most other cities. Just watch where you go!

The only other place I would consider living is upstate New York..............if I had double the income that I do.

HappyDad

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Baker City Oregon is one of my favorite places in the world. It is very small town though-not near any big cities, unless you count 2 hours to Boise, or about 6 to Portland Ore. Not a lot of industry, but the people there have jobs and nice houses and it looks like Mayberry. There is farming and agriculture mostly, some mining a ways out. A great museum of the Oregon Trail-pioneer wagon tracks are still visible in this part of the country. Eastern Oregon and Eastern WA have a lot of what you want.

I love my area, but Seattle can not boast of low humidity. However, I have heard it is a desert compared to Louisiana. The eastern part of the state, yes! You might like Spokane or the Tri Cities area in Wa (Near the Columbia river-recreation, good jobs and schools).

Its a beautiful country, you will find a great place, near someone who already likes you! (one of us)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit