Where did the universe come from?

by Blueblades 53 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

That's one of those questions that have no answer so to ponder on them only gives you a headache.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Worry and wondering over such a thing just wastes time that can be used to enjoy universe we live in itself.

what if wondering about such a thing is an enjoyable way to spend ones time in the universe?

sorry. i didn't want to waste anymore of your time. ;) and it's true, why worry?!

tetra

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Universes came from a singularity

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

There is an interesting word trick being performed by the brain here IMO. For something to 'come from' it presupposes a potential to birth / send / organise it. You can't come for nothing?? Maybe the problem we have in discussing origins or this magnificent 'living space' is our use of words designed to describe the populated zone of our solar system. Maybe we just don't have the words to describe the concepts that would be needed to discuss it or conceive it. The way the quantum world seems to work is by observation - potentialities collapse to a choice when observed but not until observed (not certain what stricly constitutes observation) however, on the macro level this isn't the case (a mountain doesn't require observation) but, if the big bang is correct there was a time when the universe's energy was compressed into a small enough space for observation to actually make a difference and collapse the potentiality. Of course I'm just talking around a subject I can barely grasp. In the west we seek edges (starts , ends, me and you) but the east perhaps makes the better grasp of happenings without boundary. Maybe there is an enclosing space where time is not a factor and this universe is like a split lightbeam and we perceive the different 'waves' as time, depth and so on.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

OK I'll bite. The multiverse!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

BANG!!!!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    OK I'll bite. The multiverse!

Oh geese, you mean there's another Deputy Dog out there somewhere!

• Carmel
    Carmel

The cosmic golf course! Earth was the result of a sever slice on the third tee! We're lost in the rough!

caveman

• FMZ
    FMZ

Tetra, we gotta talk sometime. I've been on quite the Terence McKenna kick myself recently.

A few thoughts about your post:

- The "Goswami" school of thought. Sounds very much like the "double slit" experiments... very interesting correlation there. Consciousness collapses the wave function into a particle. That would stand to reason then, that when consciousness came about, all of the wave-functions that we were and were part of collapsed and became particles. Might have to read up more on that.

- The "Big bang / big hush theory"... Sounds a lot like McKenna's novelty theory, especially the collapsing to a singularity in 2012. I'm not sure where I stand with the novelty theory right now (a lot more to study on that front... for instance, how did he get this seemingly fractal wave from the I-Ching?). My main problem with this is that it conflicts with my current beliefs about 2012 not being "the end" or the return to a singularity, but instead being the next step of evolution of mankind, which is a little more in keeping with the Mayan belief system, if I recall correctly. And hey, a pico-second is an awful long time in a singularity. ;)

- "Used to be God but forgot"... I can kinda dig it. We are all "God" (quotes for non-emphasis :D) still, in that we were all created with the Big Bang, and thus we are all entangled, therefore we are all one. Keep in mind here that quantum entanglement doesn't link two particles, it lets us see one particle in two different places. In the same way, although we see all of these "particles" (collapsed wave-functions) that make up the consensus reality as separate, they are in fact all entangled, and all one. This also somewhat agrees with the holographic theory which I quite like the thought of. Either way, our aim in "life" (as subjective as a concept as that is) is to realize this "oneness" with the original singularity again, separately AND together, and thus take our thrones once again as the "God" that we forgot we were. I just don't think we will be fully ready as a race to be [a part of] that singularity again in 2012. :)

Just my humble opinions, of course ;)

KJ

• proplog2
    proplog2

"Where did the universe come from" isn't in the best form for scientific research. The question should be "How did the universe form?"

It IS an important question. Not personally important but collectively important. It becomes personally important at the point where you can confidently claim that the universe was not formed by some entity you call God. It liberates you from enslavement to superstition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit