Where did the universe come from?

by Blueblades 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

If we didn't have the ability to know such things, I would say forget about it, . However, I beleive we do have the ability to do so. What we are, all forms of life, is a conscious collective of the universe trying to understand itself. Resolving where we came from will also resolve the God issue and all the bullshit that goes with it. This will hopefully lead us with a clearer veiw to our collective destines and we will be able to set more progressive goals towards the elimination of suffering and creating a utopia, with or without God. We must remain progressive and eliminate evil and sickness with our own hands, in our own time, and conquer ignorance forever. If science had a give up attitude we would still be living in the dark ages.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Most people who entered the witnesses felt they had the truth and learned otherwise later. Arn't you glad to be free of the ignorance. Don't give up the truth is out there! Science will track it down.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks for all your comments. The question that I asked is not mine alone. Astronomers and those who study Astronomy and Scientists ask themselves this question in different ways, instead of using the word where, you could ask how.

Would you agree with this statement: Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers. Bernard Haisch.

I am an inquisitive person, my mind continues to seek information. I am not yet ready to stop the "jimmying".

Blueblades

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

In line with what Satanus said about the potential: I think we need to learn more about vacuum energy and quantum fluctuations. Subatomic particles can appear in a vacuum ---a matter and its antimatter analogue----then they disappear on collision with a burst of photons IIRC. The Big Bang may have been a quirky quantum fluctuation where there was a bit more matter than antimatter. One fluctuation of many in a multiverse. What is the basis of this vacuum energy? Fascinating.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yo FMZ! ya man, totally, we should talk sometime. i think it's wild that you have been on a mckenna trip too, heheh. have you been able to listen to any of the .mp3s of mckenna over at deoxy.org? they have tonnes. mckenna is one of the most entertaining diversions that i have ever been on in all honesty. and yes, of course, i am not sure where i stand on the novelty theory and 2012 etc etc either. i just find it a fascinating concept. have you ever read anything on the technological singularity my raymond kurzweil? "the age of spiritual machines" is an interesting one. but i agree with your synopsis of 2012 and the evolution of human consciousness in comparison to a collapse to a singularity.

and of course i am skeptical about a literal date of dec 21 2012. and some days i look at novelty theory in relation to the i ching divination system he worked out into a testable hypothesis, and i wonder if it wasn't just him choosing the date of dec 21 2012, and working backwards from that and sort of making all the "times" of novelty fit the fractal pattern. he did however, on the art bell radio show, actually say that when he arrived at dec 21 2012 he was completely unaware that the mayan system used the same date as "the end of time". i can get you the mp3 if you like. trippy hey? imo, i do believe that "time" and other cosmological systems are fractal in nature if we took the time to superimpose the fractal onto the system, but i wonder..... i wonder.... lol. but in that way, i sort of get the singularity concept, and i sort of understand *intuitively* how between now and 2012, everything that would have to occur would occur (if it is exponetial afterall). but i guess i will just have to see! either way, it's going to be a *trip* and a half... ;)

as a matter of side interest in the whole 2012 phenomenon. have you ever read anything by daniel pinchbeck? he just came out with a new book called "2012: the return of quetzalcoatl". he's a fan of mckenna too, and a proponent of DMT as a shamanic tool to be used in the coming group evolution of our consciousness. but i like his divergence from mckenna, and it reminded me a little more of what you said regarding 2012. he thinks that 2012 is really just a metaphor, although a good one. but that the only way that 2012 will ever be something of remarkability is if we get our asses in gear (intentions) and make the world into a better place instead of waiting for some power from the sky to come and do it for us. and i like this concept, for sure.

if there is some reality to any of this, i guess it means that we may have a better grasp on where the universe is going, than on where it is coming from.

peace,

tetra

• bebu
    bebu
    Worry and wondering over such a thing just wastes time that can be used to enjoy universe we live in itself.

what if wondering about such a thing is an enjoyable way to spend ones time in the universe?

!!! It is human nature to wonder. Enjoying it isn't jimmying!

bebu

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How the universe came to be and how the process of evolution got started is still a mystery.

Blueblades

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

A cosmic egg of particles and energy that were together for waaaaayyyy too long and so they decided to break up and created Life.

Other then I don't know, and I don't we ever will.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It could be that the earth itself generated life, ie, what became the first cells or life came from somewhere below ground. I base this partly on the fact that scientists have found very small organisms at almost 2 miles underground - http://www.planetary.org/news/2006/1027_Bacteria_Found_Thriving_Deep.html Who knows how far into the earth they will continue to find 'life'?

Onstott said that many hundreds of millions of years ago, some of the first bacteria on the planet may have thrived in similar conditions, and that the newly discovered microbes could shed light on research into the origins of life on Earth.

"These bacteria are probably close to the base of the tree for the bacterial domain of life," he said. "They might be genealogically quite ancient.

S

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    There`s a big sale on Universe`s at Wallmart...OUTLAW

Outlaw....everyone knows the best deal is with Gordy at ABC warehouse. ~HIll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit