How well is the Governing Body insulated?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Blondie, we use to attend the Brooklyn Heights Congregation and did have discussions with some of the GB. back in the early seventies. We were so enthralled with them and never realy questioned them individually just happy to be in their presence.

Fast forward to today, only if you agree with them can you get a curt hello from them and some nonsence about how Jehovah's Day is nearer than ever.They will still direct you to the literature and your body of Elders for answers to any doubts or questions that you have.

No personal meetings with any of them . Maybe you if you are invited to lunch with them you can get some kind of soft answers at the luncheon, however, the safe answer from them is always wait on Jehovah. Then to ask you what congregation are you serving with. Guess why?

Blueblades

• abbagail
    abbagail

Well, when Silentlambs tried to "get at them" at 25 Columbia Heights in mid-day September 27, 2002, the WT did a complete "SHUT DOWN" by locking the front iron-gated-doors, and had police patrolling on foot back and forth in front of their entrance. Talk about a bunch of chickens over a few soft fuzzy lamb toys!

So the "March on the Watchtower" speakers (Silentlambs, etc.) used a Megaphone to present their case(s) anyway (with media in attendance), and then someone got the idea to put all the stuffed-toy-lambs into the chain-link fence immediately across the narrow street, so all the lambs "stared back" at all the "bethelites" staring out of the glass windows on all of the floors except the 1st level.

Heeheee. It was a blast!

--------

And you remember some of the video of when Bill/Silentlambs tried to get meetings with the Branch Overseers in other countries? LOL, he made sure he had a camera recording the entire scenarios. What a hoot.

/ag

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Blueblades

Wow ! I think you are answering all my questions.Do you have any more insight on what they say inside the congregation, if their talks have anymore info or just the same as usual?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks, Blueblades, for confirming my assumptions.
    I can just imagine the local BOE that receives a letter from the
    GB member.

DEAR BOE,
    Your Bro. OnTheWayOut approached me in Brooklyn and asked "Why are you guys
    laying off Bethelites? I thought they were your family, shouldn't the overseers take
    care of their family?" He went on about throwing them out before their health deteriorated
    and they ate into profits. I am appalled that you guys don't straighten him out with a
    Judicial Committee. If you can't think of a sin that he has committed, just use apostasy.
    Don't be so quick to accept his repentence. A good DF might wake him up.
    Sincerely,
    T.J. of the GB

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Abbagail

I think the photos of Silentlambs at 25 Columbia Heights speaks volumes about when they are confronted, they hide and walk away.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There's no need to 'get to the GB' Info is readily available about the fallacy of the WTS. JWs either find this info and get out or live in fearful misery and stay in.

Besides, there are some of 'us' in brooklyn'. There are some of 'us' in every congo. Their lies are catching up with them. The piper is being paid.

• Green Chille
    Green Chille

Maybe if you bow down and kiss their ring, you will get a nod.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey Rules & Regs...

Agree about the photos of the lambs at 25 Columbia Heights... PRICELESS!

And very true, they SCRAMMED in a hurry when we all got there... we actually saw them "CLAMP DOWN" the place... After awhile there was a big crowd of cops, etc. at the front gate when they WT finally decided to let that ONE LONE REPORTER go in to interview JR... They made such a big deal out of it...

BTW, love your photo and name, lol. Good one!

RED LIGHT = STOP! You're going in the WRONG direction!

YELLOW LIGHT = CAUTION! DANGER Ahead!

GREEN LIGHT = GO FORTH OUT of the WT!

/ag

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Between drooling, naps and diaper changes for many of them, there'd be no time to meet with anyone anyway.

Dismembered

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Dismembered

LOL !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit