How well is the Governing Body insulated?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

We know in war you need to confront the enemy ,penetrate all the barriers, and once you get inside you can confront them.The enemy has many layers .The WTS has their main headquarters in New York.If New York goes down,the rest will follow.Once you get to the headquarters,how many layers do you need to penetrate before can talk to these unreasonable men? Who would you need to confront? We know the are well insulated for a reason.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Once you get to the headquarters,how many layers do you need to penetrate before can talk
    to these unreasonable men? Who would you need to confront?

I am not with ya here. You want to get to the GB and say what?
    The farthest you could go would be to join the Bethelites after years as
    an undercover agent in a congregation. Your easiest bet would be to get a
    doctor or a lawyer into the HQ.

Otherwise, trying to just make an appointment with a GB member won't
    do you much good. You might try to show up at a convention in the summer
    where one is speaking and offer to do a positive report for your news source.

I am just taking shots in the dark. I don't get your goal. If you reach one of these
    guys, or even the entire group, what would you say or do? Would it matter?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I need them to come to the table and see if they can explain themselves instead of giving orders and hiding.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Let me refrase the question:Does the Governing Body insulate themselves so well with many layers so they will never have to answer to no one? And what are some layers they use?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

R&R, it's not the GB that's running the world headquarters, it's the legal dept that is screening and filtering what the Watchtower's next move should be. Even the writing dept. has to watch what they print, that's why the watchtower articles have been directed toward the rank and file concerning their behavior toward the society.

No more deep discussions on Armageddon, The Great Tribulation, 1914, 607, Blood is confusing, king of The North, UN., New Revealation Climax in soft pack with changes and more changes demonstrates that they haven't got a clue as to where to go next. Just keep on spanking the rank and file and scaring them into submission with threats of shunning, and disfellowshipping.

You can't get near The GB, The Legal Dept, The Writing Dept etc. The wheels of Justice turn slowly, however, the Watchtower Society is under the magnifying glass and will have to answer up concerning it's past actions sometime in the future. Behind the scene things are in the works.

Blueblades

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are too busy and too important to talk to each person who wants answers.
    They have a process- You write a letter to them, and some guy is assigned to
    write their answer. This is addressed in Ray Franz's books.

They rarely would even learn of who you are, what your problem is, and the guy
    assigned to write their answer might not be anointed. If the members ever openly
    discuss spiritual stuff with other members, it's because they want to do so. I doubt
    that these guys ever want to do so. Most of what they say is speeches. When they
    do want to discuss things, they probably only continue with an audience that fully
    accepts anything they say.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Blueblades,OnTheWayOut

Thank you for your great answers.They don't answer to no one.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the GB members attend the meetings at local congregations which do not have the same security measures. There is always the Brooklyn Heights Congregation right there in the complex of WTS buildings in Brooklyn where the elderly but mobile GB go. It wouldn't take much to ferret out which congregations for the others. JWs always like to impress other JWs with their insider knowledge.

I'm surprised that some of you elders didn't know that. GB members even sit on those local elder bodies with the rest of the elders. Now wouldn't that cramp your style.

Blondie

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Thanks Blondie!

I never knew that.So,they walk around and no one ever questions them ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My replies, Blondie, were for someone who wants to have a serious sit-down with GB.
    Bumping into one at the K.H., trying to talk turkey, won't do any good. As soon as you
    ask something, they would brush you off, refer you to someone else.

I stand by my saying that they would only discuss spiritual stuff when they want to, and
    when everyone listening is fully accepting whatever they say. If you asked questions of
    them, they would just stop the conversation.

Try to imagine the line to just talk to them, IF they allowed questions on current matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit