How well is the Governing Body insulated?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

R&R Same old dribble. I have been away from headquarters for 4 years now. Did the fade, no one bothered me, moved away. I no longer have contact with anyone at headquarters. One local brother keeps me up to date.

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

On the way out. Your welcome, and your scenario is spot on. That's exactly what they do.

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

Why would the GB, or the DO, or the CO talk with a brother (let alone a sister) they hardly know. You have to either take the time to get to know them or get recommended through someone they know. Some on this board have talked with the GB because they are long time friends or their family members or worked with them closely at Bethel.

I would be wondering why someone who hardly said hi to me before would suddenly start quizzing me about things they should already know if they are JWs. The personal opinion of the GB/DO/CO or any JW counts for naught since the WTS only acknowledges what is in the publications as being official. That is why those with questions are directed to the publications. I see it as a CYA measure by them.

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Your absolutely right Blondie. CYA is the protocol. They will direct you to the literature and or your local elders. Even when I had lunch / dinner and drinks with some of them, they always pointed us to a Watchtower article so as not to have to put themselves on the spot. Yessiree! Cya!

Blueblades

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Blondie is correct. All the GB members who are capable to move around and walk or are senile attend particular congregations. Garret Loesch was a member in my congregation for a while but then he transfered to another cong.

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• james_woods
    james_woods

Pardon me for just observing that if Ray Franz (GB member, proven scholar, and actual relative of the president for life) could not get a word in edgewise after the scandal of the failed 1975 prophecy -

Then what in the world is an ordinary brother going to get done?

I think most witnesses have completely no idea of the contempt that the GB elite hold for ordinary publishers. Hell, they even have contempt for the few ordinary partakers of the emblems who are old enough to predate their 1935 date.

The silent lambs might as well have traveled to Rome, demanded a Papal Audience, and then stuffed those lambikens into the nooks and crannies of the Vatican.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit