Barf Alert! - Governing Body 'believes we are in the time of the end'

by drew sagan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    the voice sounded familiar....who spoke?

I was thinking the same thing ......but then I thought.......they all sound the same ......that same monotone JW speaker voice.

purps

• zagor
    zagor

"......they don't normally make statements like that....."

Where has this guy been?

exactly my thought, they are so full of hot air, not to use any other more vulgar word here

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Wouldnt you love to know what this brother was thinking as he delivered this carefully prepared script? I didnt hear him say he AGREED with the consensus of the GB...hmmmm....and if he is older than 30 then he was around when 75 and 94 went FLYING by us with absolutely no END in sight. He is probably the one who went home and BARFED after delivering that drivel. Also...how many of the GB did they have to rouse out of comas to vote on this issue? And since the faitful and discreet slave is composed of ALL of the remnant...has anybody done a POLL to see what the REST of them think??

idiots

• willy_think
    willy_think

"we are in the time of the end"

I'm sorry, but this is the kind of bull dung that nuts callout right after "repent! repent!"

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

From what I have been told the man giving this talk is Leonard Pearson.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

LUKE 21:8, TAKE HEED THAT YOU BE NOT DECEIVED: FOR MANY SHALL COME IN MY NAME, SAYING, I AM CHRIST; AND THE TIME DRAWETH NEAR: GO YE NOT THEREFORE AFTER THEM. ( King James Version)

So, Jesus' Himself says: Do not follow anyone who says: THE TIME IS NEAR. How clear can it be said. Do not follow the GB.

Blueblades

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have two thoughts on the audio;

1. Amen it was only a few seconds long - I was able to hold my 'gag reflex' long enough to get though it.
    2. What the hell does he mean - they don't often say such things. It is all they ever say and have ever said. Fear is the oil that lubricates this cult. Unbelievable!

Jeff

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

They have been saying things like this for a long time and it will come true one day. There are a lot of other Christians out there saying the same thing as well. I too believe that it could come at any given time. Too say such things is only what every Christian in any part of history since Christ should have felt for his time. It will come in someones life time, but that doesn't make me or any other Christians that I talk to the FD slave.

abr

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When Adam listened to his wife and disobeyed Yahweh, Yahweh did not wait 2,000 years to inflict punishment. He acted immeadiately, out , out, out of my Garden! Why has Yahweh continued to wait over 2,000 years to let Adam's decendants back into the Garden? He was quick to kick out, why so slow to let us back in? The price was paid 2,000 years ago by the Greater Adam, Jesus, so the Bible says. Btw, I don't believe a word of it, for you that do, why the delay?

Blueblades

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

That is such an odd thing for the speaker to say. Think about it - it's totally an obvious statement.

What would the opposite be? – "SOME of the GB do NOT think we're deep in the time of the end?" How studpid is that.

It's like saying, "All of the GB Feel the Bible is God's inspired word." Well, yeah

No, this was just Brother Obvious thinking he was saying something profound.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit