Barf Alert! - Governing Body 'believes we are in the time of the end'

by drew sagan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Well, maybe Armageddon is closer than we think...

Gee, where is my tie?

• oldflame
    oldflame

Do you not know ? All religions are now preaching that we are in the end times.

• Gill
    Gill

Perhaps we're 'in the time of the end' of all religions.

It's about time people recognised the fairy tales of the past for what they are.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Blondie, I recollect reading that date also regarding that date 1799 and 1914. I think that in 1914 the brethren went to a place of meeting ( I believe on a bridge or something similar) expecting they would be raised all at once to heaven. Can you imagine how stupid and basically saddened they must have felt.

Oh I wish I had been a fly to hear the words that were uttered that night. Wonder what the presidents explanation was that very night.

I liked that scripture that was quoted in Luke 21:8, How did these people(I guess they considered themselves the elite) really feel, were they all so darnn guillable or had brainwashed themselves into believing that they were going to go to heaven that night. It must have been too much for many. I do beiieve that after this event several left the witness movement. I know I would have.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit