Barf Alert! - Governing Body 'believes we are in the time of the end'

by drew sagan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Seeing that picture of the governing body in another post I could predict they may over anytime in '07.

LOL! Now that's something I can agree with.

-Drew

• potleg
    potleg

So the Governing body says we're deep into the time of the end...I think the majority of us here would disagree. It'll be interesting to see who's right and who's wrong. Of course with those snake oil blowhards you can never pin them down, all they say is soon... I predict every member of the GB alive today will be dead and gone and still no armageddon.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

hmmmm I don't really want to listen to them

Barf Alert! - Governing Body 'believes we are in the time of the end'

When you stop to think about it they might be right.

One of the basic control techniques that cult use is information control.

The WTS is losing the battle on that one. The internet is full of information that the GB does not want JWs to read.

More and more people are getting thier stories published. Even a film was done.

More and more people are leaving or trying the slow fade.

The $$$ aren't being raked in as before

The media is pretty busy with stories about JWs who kill theor families, or pedophiles being supported by the JW community while the victims get the boot.

The blood issue is a real mess

The end is coming - just not the end they are expecting

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    More and more people are getting thier stories published. Even a film was done.

Did I miss something???

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well..even the term"Governing Body" sort of creeps me out..Its really bizarre terminology..its like something out of a bad sci-fi film..

• Spectre
    Spectre

Woo-hoo! Then I'm off to max out my credit -cards.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Books

• Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness - Diane Wilson
    • Father's Touch - Donald D'Heane (sp?)
    • Have you seen my Mother? - Brian McGlothin
    • A Jehovah's Witness Finds the Truth - Jean Eason
    • The Truth Book - Joy Castro
    • Out of the Cocoon - Brenda Lee

Movie

All that is new material (in the last few years) It doesn't include some of the older biographical books

• 30 Years a Watchtower Slave - Schnell
    • Jim - June Callwood
  • Honesty
    Honesty

No wonder the JW sister that shunned me last week was driving a brand new $42,000 minivan.

She might not have to make more than 2 or 3 payments on it before she gets raprtured into the Watchtower paradise.

• nowisee
    nowisee

the voice sounded familiar....who spoke?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

So the GB says, " we are deep into the last days, then that stupid statement saying the GB doesn't generally make statements like this, doh doh doh. Just how stupid do they think all of us are?

I have these feelings that if the end is so near, it has been over 130 years they have proclaimed this and it is all so ridiculous. When God makes a judgement of destruction just how long do the scriptures show us that certain events took place? Was it over a century of waiting.

First God was very angry with the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah. God gives Noah and his family a command to preach to the people telling them that the end is near, now lets see, it takes him how many years to build the ark and preach, then they gather all the animals, then they Noah and Family enter into the ark. Time frame in the ark 40 days and nights of down pour, but must stay in the ark at least a year or more while the waters receed. The end of wicked ness took less then lets say about 11/2 years. It is over and they enter a new world that is cleansed.

How about the destruction of Jericho. God tells the Isrealites to walk around the city blowing their horns and muscial instruments and in seven days the prophecy was fullfilled God's judgement was fulfilled.

How about the over throw of Babylon when God's hand writing appeared before King Nebuchadnazzer and the city was taken over in one night. ONE NIGHT. Yes Gods judgement was immediatley.

How about the Egpytian armies being destoryed in a single act of the waters of the Red Sea destroying all the army including Pharoah. It didn't take over a 100 years for God to tell Pharoh his end was nigh.

There are more examples of God's denunciations to the wicked and at no time did any of them have to wait for Gods will to be done it was always in a short span of time His judgements and descruction were short.

Now getting to the GB and the world today, How many times have they denounced all mankind if they won't accept them as the true religion? Well lets see, over a hundred or more years?. Year in year out the words are the same , we are deep into the time of the end....God's judgement is now. Please.

I think someone should show the GB that they are so far off on this and people are fed up with hearing the same words over and over and over again. No how no way. I have heard this message myself since 1957 onward.

I firmly believe that God's Judgement already occoured after the death of Christ and the Romans. Or perhaps at another time, but surely not waiting for over a century. How are over six million fooled.? I can't believe it.

I do think however this world is in terrible trouble if we as a human race don't smart up and clean up the filth from the planet and the pollution. We need to revert back in earlier times when energy sourse were with windmills and we used horse and carriages. I don't think thne Amish are that far off.

IMHO.

OFC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit