ITHINKISEE Update: My fleshly JW sister says I am Satanic and dangerous

by ithinkisee 42 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

jeeze yah lose faith looking at an ex mormon site , I bet the WTBTS keeps tabs on it so they can get the names of ex members and try converting them . Well if she's even talking to you she disobeyed the society and the scripture she quoted about not talking to you .LOL

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Ithinkisee--- I swear they must have studied for this conversation at the bookstudy this week. I got pretty much the same phone call from my sister this week! You are not alone. She is my only sibling and never cared for us either when we were in the "truth" lie. I feel bad for you.

I am imagining it's not that great of a loss to you either, but emotionally it is the straw that breaks the camels back. They want you to listen to the brainwashing quips that they rattle off (that we have all heard hundreds of times) and not listen to why you left or care to ask how you are and can they help. I got the brush off "I'm better than you and will never talk to you anymore" phone call too. They can't see past their nose they are so afraid of losing their faith. And for good reason. It hurts to find out and you die a little inside before you can grow again.

I hope your christmas was beautiful with your dad. I was about 8 the last christmas I had with mine. My hubby and kids had their first one too! I wish I could have celebrated with my dad again, but we live far away too! Look at the bright side of all this, our kids are getting to have "normal" childhoods and see the terrible things that the Watchtower Society does to families. I am hoping this will be enough to keep my kids far away from cults and the next generation will have it even better!

On a side note, I am keeping all the "encouraging" letters and cards from family and friends to share with my kids later. I figure there will come a time that grandparents or aunts and uncles will pressure them to join and I can use these and the false "light" that will change by then to show them what a crock it is. "Spiritual warfare" isn't always on their side! Thought I would share that in case you would need them later too.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a happy Valentines Day to you and wifey! (Last year was our first and hubby went all out to make up for all the ones we missed! What fun!)

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    On a side note, I am keeping all the "encouraging" letters and cards from family and friends to share with my kids later. I figure there will come a time that grandparents or aunts and uncles will pressure them to join and I can use these and the false "light" that will change by then to show them what a crock it is. "Spiritual warfare" isn't always on their side!

It's going to be great down the corridor of time when they realized the crap they've been spouting comes full circle to bite them in the ass.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Me: "Well, that's unfortunate, but you treated [my wife and kids and me] all like crap when we were supposedly going to meetings and doing everything we were supposed to. So for me it's not as big a loss I guess, but I was hoping the kids could at least hang out together for awhile."Her: (After a pause) "I know. I know I have problems with cutting people off emotionally. But I do love you - I know I do cut people off emotionally and it is something I am working on. Me even calling you back is showing how much I love you and I was praying that you would have a change of heart. I know I do cut people off emotionally though."

Wow...does your sister live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL? She is a dead ringer for my sister (and I use the term loosely). A great deal of the dialogue you had with your sister is identical to the last conversation I had with mine.

exjdub

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

It has been my observation many, many times that JW's cut people off emotionally. So much is expected of everyone and there is only so much of one to go around. Regardless of what they say about being the only religion that shows love, very little of it is ever shown, but they are full of judgmentalness and gossip. I could relate to how you felt after the conversation, shaking all over. It is such a shame that they cannot see how unreasonable they are. Hang in there and love and appreciate the rest of your family who are not J-dubs.

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

Wow! Line by line from the WT! It's interesting to see how she struggles with loving you truely and trying to keep hold of whatever "Truth" she thinks she has. Poor woman, but good for you for sticking to your guns!

Wendy

• exjdub
    exjdub
    It has been my observation many, many times that JW's cut people off emotionally.

I agree with you mimi and a very good point. My wife got after me after we left the Borg because I had the tendency to cut people off emotionally for just being human. Kind of hard to make new friends when you are eliminating them for small human failings and dissapointments, but that is what I did for a few years after I left. Thankfully I am a lot more soft and sappy now. It is nice to find your heart when you have lost it.

exjdub

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That sucks. to you and Freedomlover.

I've held the olive branch out a lot too, to my siblings, but knowing that it would only go that way I was pretty lame about it; I got mr Frass to send text messages while we were in town. Our family was always divided and politely poisonous and my adventures are just something for them all to focus their hatred on. Still, none of us want to be the one to say "you're dropped" - we all want to be able to say that the other isn't talking to us, so we keep circling each other. I'm sure that we all want the same amount of nothing to do with each other now. Don't get me wrong, I really do love them, and I'm sure they think the same thing, but over the last year I've decided to reject what they call love; like your sister they'd be happy with the pretense that I believe it, as long as it doesn't affect their faith in any way, and like your sister they cut me off years before I was dfd.

Reject that kind of love, it is empty and meaningless. It's not love, and it's not family. Tell your children how you tried to keep in contact but your sister has cut you off. She says she loves you all, but she's not willing to prove it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It is interesting that the verbatim Watchtower lines are 'in her heart'. It reeks of brainwashing. I went to my brother's wedding recently, and my JW father and step-mother didn't even come within 5 metres of me. Then they snuck off after the ceremony, not staying for the reception, because everyone else was 'bad association'.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    You have completely hurt our entire family by your actions because we love you so much."

This is the guilt trip line. Classic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit