Its Time To Post!

by lurker 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Lurker,

I am so happy you decided to introduce yourself!! WELCOME!!! And thank you for the comments about 607. But I cannot take the credit. Truely it is because of this forum and those here who have written deep, very inciteful, factual articles regarding 607 vs 586/587 that helped me. This subject was what got me to have serious questions. When I realized that we were not being taught the "truth", I allowed myself to surf the internet for answers. Thankfully I had the love, and support of my parents to help me out. They told me of all the places I could go for help and needed proof. This was one place they suggested. After being on here about a year or so myself, I finally had enough courage to introduce myself as well. The knowledge that the friends here share is mindblowing. I am so deeply grateful for those who have taken the time to help all of us get all the facts we can, on the subjects we are researching at the time.

As for your situation, I admire you for your love of "truth". It takes a courageous person who is a true lover of Jehovah, Christ Jesus, and truth, to allow themself to question their faith. I firmly believe Jehovah draws each one out when he feels they are strong enough to handle the truth about the "truth". It took me two years before I would even consider listening to my parents who left. I was raised very strong in the faith. If there is hope for me, there is hope for your wife. Until then, think of all the opportunitys you will have to help those in the organization. Maybe subtly (spelling??). Regardless of your position, we are here for you, and you will find you have many who truely understand what you are going through when no one else seems to.

Remember: This is a bend in the road, not the end of the road...your journey.

Sincerely,

Your friend,

Lady Liberty

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome Lurker!

Nice to have you here!

GGG

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

lurker----- Welcome. You've warmed my heart. Seriously.

• new boy
    new boy

Namaste my friend

NB

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Hello and welcome. You are in a safe place here.

These people really know the heart of the issue and will offer a lot of guidance for you.

I am thankful for this site as you are evidence of the good work that is accomplished here.

Stay close.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Dear Lurker, first I want to say welcome, I have read your post 4 times and all the others before I post back. I too was an elder, pioneer, served for more than 1/2 of my 22 years, but this is not about me. I feel your pain, the frustration of teaching others something that you no longer believe in. A heavy responsibility and yet what is in your heart will eventually come out. Not easy, knowing the truth about the "truth". I feel for you, having invested so much time and energy in to the org and now knowing the truth about many things. I too love my God and Christ and have now come to the conclusion (from reading the Bible) that it is about faith in Christ, love God and neighbor, and the simplistic message from the Bible that has brought me through it. I hope you find comfort from so many here that have gone through what you are going through. Keep reading, asking questions on how to handle your matters as there will be someone or many who can give you the wisdom and experience of how to handle your situation. Find comfort in the friends here who KNOW your pain and frustration, but even more importantly, throw your cares and burdens on God and Christ. May you find peace and happiness, take care.

Your brother in Christ,

abr

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good luck escaping the org, lurker.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Welcome lurker...............you've come to the right place and you have done the right thing posting here. You will get alot of help and understanding. I don't post much these days but over the past 4 yrs I have found support from friends who understood my situation. I made new and found lost friends on this forum................good luck to you too! Cheers, Bliss

• Gill
    Gill

Lurker - Welcome!!!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the board Lurker.

Thanks for popping in and letting us know how you are getting on.

I too, have a Dubbie wife who's only bad fault is her WT belief system (that I introduced her to ), so I do sympathise with you.

Please tread carefully. I made many mistakes with my wife and family when I first discovered the truth about The Truth.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit