SCAN OF WT ARTICLE ON WIVES.....

by Mary 40 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

looking_glass -------- You described my ex-parents-in-law to a "T" ! Now I feel like I have to ask you where you're from/ who it was. I'm sure there's others out there...it's just unreal to hear it out of someone else's mouth like this! PM me if you like....

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Ya know, what kills me is that this article will only reaffirm to my JW ex-husband and three sons how wrong I was to leave that extremely abusive marriage. It will just make it all the harder to try to re-establish any relationship with my boys.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is disgusting. Stay with abusive husbands so that they can become JWs. Those old GB fools should be taken out and shot. Women in the WT have about as much rights as the most oppressive Middle Eastern land. I like the one about watching the congregation of Christ's anointed followers. WTF, who the heck are they? Some old crones at Bethel? Who are they in subjection to?

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I think I'm going to be ill.

• carla
    carla

Rebel, " penis people" hahaha

I can hardly wait for the next 'discussion' and jw women come up. I surely can't stand up to such 'bible principles' as the jw women do. My jw thinks I have a problem with authority figures. Imagine that!

• wiegel
    wiegel

I read the article and the whole time kept waiting for it to say - HAHAHA GOTCHA! I couldn't imagine that this drivel is really a WT Study article. It doesn't even rate second-grade english, maybe first-grade, with the reasoning of a first-grader. This is a STUDY ARTICLE, not optional material, and if this quality of writing/reasoning continues, they just can't stand.

As I read it, it is encouraging wives to stay with abusive husbands (of course, no mention of abusive elders), but shouldn't this get news coverage? First, discouraging reporting of sexual abuse of children, and now the "dusted off" update of Rutherford's exclamation that "women were only 'a stack of bones and a hank of hair.'"

Maybe it is an indication of the level of intelligence they are aiming for - dumbed dumbed dumbed down and stripped of all "natural affection". ~sigh

• heathen
    heathen

Yah I notice how it's no longer do unto others it's do as we say not as we do . Sure they want control over their sales people ,as been mentioned alot, that the elders will skip out on the D2D work at every oportunity . I tell you that I couldn't put up with that if they went after my wife with demands . I came to the conclusion that the bible is not saying women are to do the D2D preaching work but to mostly stay out of the way , seen yet not heard . The apostle Paul at one point says he won't even answer any questions that women have about spiritual things . Women will be saved thru faith, child bearing and sanctification provided they have soundness of mind .

• Gill
    Gill

Heathen - What happens to the ones that don't have a 'sound mind'. Some have had a 'sound mind' knocked out of them by Watchtower policy.

• 5go
    5go
    Heathen - What happens to the ones that don't have a 'sound mind'. Some have had a 'sound mind' knocked out of them by Watchtower policy.

Yeah I can see some brother alone with a sister telling her to get naked. NO ! Well then I'll telling the elders you weren't following my headship.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Betterdaze! Great investigative work on that quote! Another misrepresentation by the Society.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit