SCAN OF WT ARTICLE ON WIVES.....

by Mary 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Some of you asked for a scan of the February 15, 2007 WT study on wives being in subjection. I forgot to mention, the one paragraph stresses that not only are you a second class citizen in the marriage, but women are also to "obey" the numbnuts in the congregation, even if you've got a higher IQ:

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The real purpose of the article is so self serving. Keep everyone in line for the sake of unity and control. Lots of loaded language

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

There have been past posters who have said they read something and then wanted to throw the book/mag across the room and I always wondered what could bring about such a strong negative reaction. Well, I completely understand where they come from with this dumb arse article!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thank you Mary once again!

women are also to "obey" the numbnuts in the congregation

I'm vindicated, ha. I recall being doubted on this forum when I said women were required to obey men in the kingkongregation, even those who weren't their husbands/elders/MS/other males with titles. (I was hauled into the back room for not "showing proper deference" to my ex-boyfriend when I refused to converse with him.)

In fact, here in wt NY State, we were instructed that we had to OBEY all penis people who were "at the age of discernment". That means if a 12 yr old said we had to go to x apartment complex in fs that day instead of y apartment complex as we had planned, then we had to DO IT unquestionably. (That actually happened.) We also had to wear a napkin on our head if said prepubescent was in the room during a prayer led by females.

• Mary
    Mary
    looking glass said: There have been past posters who have said they read something and then wanted to throw the book/mag across the room and I always wondered what could bring about such a strong negative reaction. Well, I completely understand where they come from with this dumb arse article!

Golly, you're not questioning this spiritual food from the Fartfull Slave Class are you LG? Tsk, tsk, tsk......

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

subjecting to the elders has gotten a lot of women beaten , abused and even killed.

they always tell women who go to them with problems of an abusive jw husband " try harder to be a good wife"

its criminal.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, it looks like the sisters are doing a good job and not kissing butt enough. It will take more than this article to get them to change. The biggest offenders of not butt kissing enough are the elders wives. They know that the other elders have no direct authority over them and have to go through their husbands to "counsel" them or disregard the husband's authority in his family.

Single sisters like I was for many years, know that the elders can counsel them only on matters that they would counsel a single or married brother. They know that were it says the man is head over the woman, that Paul was talking about husbands being head over the woman they were married to, not every woman in the congregation.

This will be hard one to sell at the congregation. And as far as staying with an abusive husband, I wonder if when he kills her they will take credit for insisting she stay with him?

I know too many women in the Borg that will stick by the WTS previous written statement, that women can leave dangerously abusive husbands.

Remember the WTS is the master at speaking out of both sides of their mouth. It keeps many of the rank and file off balance and is a technique used by cults and abusive religious groups.

The WTS will create more problems than it solves with this article.

Blondie

• kls
    kls

I know if my sons ever treated their wives like property, they would have to have my foot surgically removed out of their ass.

• Mary
    Mary

I just gave the article to my co-worker to read.........When I went back in her office, she was just sitting there with her mouth hanging open in shock. I then told her that if she was interesting in becoming a Jehover's Witness, I could arrange a home bible study for her.

I can't figure out why she didn't jump at the chance......

• Gill
    Gill

Fantastic Mary!

But to complete the set you really must post the article for husbands as well. This includes all the 'make sure your wife dresses properly' counsel!!!

It is more nauseating than the one for Wives!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit