Knorr on 1914: "I don't know." - Mouthy Alert!

by compound complex 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mouthy and Other Denounced Ones,

You may find this double standard $%^@#@*&! ---------

"In 1975, Knorr made a remarkable and candid statement to the Governing Body, which confirmed his growing disillusionment until his death two years later: ["]'"There are some things I know --- I know that Jehovah is God, that Christ Jesus is his Son, that he gave his life as a ransom for us, that there is a resurrection. OTHER THINGS I'M NOT SO CERTAIN ABOUT. 1914 --- I DON'T KNOW. WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT 1914 FOR A LONG TIME. WE MAY BE RIGHT AND I HOPE WE ARE."'["] Was this comment directed at his "oracle," Fred Franz, after the disappointing failure of the 1975 prophecy? And yet, not knowing if the date of 1914 was correct or not, Knorr went along with the absolutes taught by the Watch Tower Society about 1914 and everything else: that all their teachings are firmly "based on scripture," "in truth," and agreeing to the disfellowshipping of anyone who questions 1914, or any other constantly changing belief. [Mouthy and how many others?]

"Those whose beliefs were grounded in Scripture, who protected their faith with God's Word, including the words of Jesus, who resisted dogma change by Franz's whims, were condemned as "apostates," "evil servants," and a host of other derogatory adjectives. In doing so Franz and Knorr were faithfully following another practice of J.F. Rutherford." --- THE FOUR PRESIDENTS OF THE WATCH TOWER SOCIETY (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES), Edmond C. Gruss, Editor, p. 39.

Does anyone remember what killed the little monkey in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"? BAD DATES! 1914 is a bad date. I'm so sorry Mouthy, but you are better off here!

Love,

CoCo

• Confession
    Confession
    Knorr: "1914 --- I DON'T KNOW. WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT 1914 FOR A LONG TIME. WE MAY BE RIGHT AND I HOPE WE ARE."'

CoCo, anytime in the last couple of years that I bring forth my reasons for leaving the WTS, I am reminded of the above from Crisis of Conscience. The very idea that the Governing Body knew 607 and 1914 were wrong--but voted not to release this information, is incredibly damning. And here, more than thirty years later, they're still denying their followers the truth about this. You cannot find this organization in any better light than the Pharisees they often deride.

• freetosee
    freetosee

THX for posting!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    "There are some things I know --- I know that Jehovah is God, that Christ Jesus is his Son, that he gave his life as a ransom for us, that there is a resurrection. OTHER THINGS I'M NOT SO CERTAIN ABOUT..."

That sounds like a fairly reasonable creed. If only he had permitted others the same latitude!

• Confession
    Confession

Exactly, Little Toe. I also seem to remember reading about Lyman Swingle's position. He said something along the lines of, "Okay, if that's what you want to do. But as long as you all know that, as far as 1914 is concerned, we took it lock, stock and barrel from the Second Adventists." Reminds me of one of the verses of my Poem, "It's The Truth!"

Meanwhile Brooklyn’s Governing Body

Found mistakes in all of their dating

Foundational claims were all shoddy

The tension was now elevating

Dear God in Heaven, there’s no six-oh-seven?

Nineteen fourteen now gone in a poof!

Said Knorr in his tow’r, “We’ll lose all our pow’r

To our story we’ll stick, it’s “The Truth!””

It’s the Truth, it’s the Truth!

Let’s be resolute

Tho the Truth changes from day to day

It’s the Truth, it’s the Truth!

Tho it might not compute

We’ll call it “The Truth” anyway!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Wasn't there a quote in Crises Of Consience where a member of the GB stated "Just don't talk about it and the R and F will forget about it."....referring to the 1975 debacle.

r.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Rest.............I'm looking!

Grace..................Where are you?

CoCo

• Kaput
    Kaput

As the illustrious Oscar Wilde stated, "Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived." And that's exactly what the "truth" has been for JW's since the days of Russell.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Raises my hand!!!!I am here!!!!

Well the bunch of creeps...I never knew that COCo....I wonder if that is why they came a few years ago to see if I wanted to be reinstated???
    How could they sleep nights after throwing me out & many others because we said we just couldnt accept that. ????? Oh what a way to start the NEW YEAR!!!!! To know they have my daughter &-Grand-child in bondage & shunning me -because they didnt want all to know they had goofed AGAIN.

Off with their heads.....

• Confession
    Confession

Right on, Mouthy. The bible says "death" is the penalty for false prophecy. What do you imagine the penalty is for falsely prophesying--and then trying to cover it up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit