Knorr on 1914: "I don't know." - Mouthy Alert!

by compound complex 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• belbab
    belbab

I went to Gilead in the 59/60 class.

In a talk to that class NH Knorr told us that we did not need to keep any WT literature that was more than 8 years old.

I found that surprising!

I was packing crudely bound WT& AWs magazines that were more than twenty years old.

belbab

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I am glad this got resurrected ..

..I just found out that the one that started this thread is a BRILLIANT ARTIST!! & BOY is he a good looker!!!! If I was 50 years younger he would be a " a catch for me"
    I also want to ask Dogpatch what happened to Mark Q??????

Thanks CO for this info I had forgotten it. ((((Alzheimers !!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

NONE of us shoule EVER forget about this horrible hypocrisy on the part of the so-called Governing Body.

I personally cannot think of a single other religion that has totally changed (and largely negated their old) doctrines every 25 years throughout their history the way the Watchtower Society has.

This is a tacit admission that things were so wrong that they needed periodic major overhauls, and there is no sign that the overhaul process is stabilizing.

Hence the need to throw away all the old literature. Much of it reads as far from today's JW dogma as something from Scientology would.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm a 1914 apostate too... woo hoo!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks to Mouthy, who was the inspiration for this thread (more so, let's say, than NHK) and to all you respondents with your great comments.

No wonder I can't wait to get back whenever I'm away.

Love,

CoCo

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

**tag** (so I can find this thread later) this thread constitutes the most specific and direct way I can show anyone interested why I am not "bad" for not believing the WTS has anything to do with God. Thank you so much! You have aided the unholy work of Lucifer. Ahh yes, there will be blood err, Light. :) Bring_the_Light

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, B-t-L:

A very belated welcome to the forum.

Your response is an example why it's beneficial to dig up old threads ... well, some of them!

Thanks and take care,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Seems appropriate now . . .

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

We know that the 1975 date was all Fred Franz. It wouldn't surprise me if Knorr was not in favor of a lot of the religious JW dogma but left that side up to Franz. According to Ray Franz the GB knew that they mislead the rank and file dubs abut the 1975 date but never really apologised for their error, so what makes you think they will admit anything else they have said is wrong?

• Listener
    Listener

Coco, you haven't aged a day.

I love the comment above from James Wood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit