Knorr on 1914: "I don't know." - Mouthy Alert!

by compound complex 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

DEATH!!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow, you guys... just... wow.

Thanks for posting, CoCo... and yeah... RIGHT ON, MOUTHY MOMMA.

;)
    Baba.

• hambeak
    hambeak

CoCo and Mouthy thanks for posting Isn't it so true about the lies we were taught.

I don't wish them ill will but someday maybe they will learn what the real truth is

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Quote:
    "I don't wish them ill will but someday maybe they will learn what the real truth is"

Perfectly phrased, Dear Hambeak.

Agreed.
    Baba.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Here is another little "happy fact"...and everyone can throw away or accept as they want to.

Nathan Knorr was a very good friend of the presiding overseer in our hall ...BEFORE... they changed out to numerous elders

Nathan came to visit him, ....he was extremely wealthy and was able to host his highnesses' hind end as he was use to. He told this PO.....1975 was the end. That was it, get ready, and PS< this is confidential.

This information was relayed to my Father by that same PO because my Father had defended him in a bad business deal that was brought up before the CO, DO and handled at a certain circuit assembly.

IF anyone has questions as to names you may PM me.

This was an extemely serious matter at the time and very well known. This would have occured during the early 70's before and during the new elder arrangement while anticipating 1975.

r.

• fjtoth
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Hey yous guys!

Just below the photo of Nate, with the I DUNNO rag in hand, is a Google ad:

THE MESSIAH HAS RETURNED --- Conquering us with His Word[s] --- I'm not certain about 1914! --- and leads us into a new era! --- Thanx googie & fjtoth!

CoCo

• restrangled
    restrangled

Does anybody get this????

Nathan came to visit him, ....he was extremely wealthy and was able to host his highnesses' hind end as he was use to. He told this PO.....1975 was the end. That was it, get ready, and PS< this is confidential.

Knorr said it, people based their futures on this, I had family move to the wilds of North Dakota and Wisconsin based on this statement to the PO in our hall.

R.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey R,

I'm still looking into the further details about NHK's original attachment to the date. I had read that there was a sort of tacit agreement between him and Freddie that 'you darn well better be right on this!' The info from Gruss, though, refers to after the realization set in that it was bunk. The disillusionment of NHK with FWF. So, does your personal story re: Knorr indicate that he was sincerely - or NOT - warning friends of his? What would have been his agenda beyond largesse from the rich bro's? PM me if needed. Still searching. Knorr was not a Bible scholar and depended totally on Fred, BUT - and a big BUT[T] - Knorr was in charge and everyone knew it!

CoCo

• steve2
    steve2

It's so human to speculate about the end of the world, or, as the Witnesses would say, the end of this wicked system of things. What I find appalling is the fact that members of the governing body and others in high up positions, as individuals, have disputed the truth of the 1914 teaching and got away with it. That's sickening hypocrisy of the worst kind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit