Do You Believe The JWs YOU Know Are "True Believers"???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

My mom is.

Others in my family, I don't think so.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was raised in the troof, I left in 83 after 31 years in the org. 23 years latter I find it hard to believe the "friends" I knew from my youth that are still in the organization could possible believe that it is the truth. All I can say is Jehovah has blinded my eyes to comprehending this.

One way I can make sense out of it is that people are like zombies walking around in a trance.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've actually had my most discouraging Witness experiences with believing walkaways. Believing castaways tend to get reinstated.

• choosing life
    choosing life

It seems that each generation of Witnesses gets a little more like a social club. I see the young adults living like everyone else does. They are materialistic, and often lead two seperate lives. They seem to do only what is required of them to get by. So many of the young ones are much wilder and immoral than the ones that they condemn in the world. The days of the die hard Witnesses are passing away. People have gotten burned too many times by their false predictions.

They are no different than any other person who attends a particular religion just because they were raised in it. It does not seem to reach the level of their heart, only the surface of their minds. And these are the ones who stay in the religion. A large part of them just leave, as we know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit