Do You Believe The JWs YOU Know Are "True Believers"???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

The wild Zombie-eyed "super sisters" that every congregation seems to be blessed with having one of would undoubtedly die for the GB.

Usually the same Sis who is "putting off" having children until after the Big A.

Talk about having your life stolen from you....

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Would my Dad die? Doubtful, I believe he would play the system, get disfellowshipped, then reinstatement. My grandma (inactive) would die for her religion, she just wont live for it. My Dad would live for his religion, just probably not die. I feel my grandma is brainwashed, I feel my Dad knows better, but is propagating their lies for the power, and for who knows what else.

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny how many might die for the religion but not live for it.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I guess to me that is the one definitive thing between being a brainwashed JW and one who isnt.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I will provide a little more background about my grandma. She was born and raised a JW (bible student days actually) She attended meetings all her life up until grandpa divorced her, since 1980 she has not been in service, and only attends the memorial and the occasional assembly. She is baptized, but inactive. This is what she will do-----She will celerate Christmas, as long as no JW knows, She will celebrate birthdays, she will salute the flag, she will sing patriotic songs, she has smoked in the past, she will attend any patriotic event, she can cuss like a sailor, she's not much of a shunner. She always defends the WT, and says "I know it's the TRUTH". There are 3 things she will never do no matter who is watching---1. take blood 2. speak out against the WT 3. attend a church.

• minimus
    minimus

Grandma sounds like a hypocrite. No offense intended, of course.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I see what you are saying, but I feel she is more brainwashed, Dad is the hypocrite, because I think he knows better. Blood transfusions, apostasy, and Church, these seem to be the 3 major things the WT hates, she follows them to a "T", I think she still feels some guilt for celebrating the holidays.-----On the other hand, Dad tries to force his beliefs on other people, when he himself would probably take blood, He is known as the "rebel" elder, so Im sure he has said at least one thing against the society. It wouldnt even cross grandma's mind to question the WT. I just feel my Dad is the bigger hypocrite, because he goes door to door but would probably break one of the above 3 scenarios. My grandma is somewhat apologetic as she usually says "I may not live for Jehovah, but I know it's the TRUTH".

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

If she is a hypocrite, then her hypocrisy made our lives growing up much easier, because she didnt shun our mom, she always tried to compensate for the things we were denied as JW's, she never was too judgemental when we did wrong. Hypocrite or not, I love her, and she loves me. I just feel that since she was born into it, she is the brainwashed JW, Dad became one when he was a teenager, and he had experience as a "worldly" person beforehand. I honestly dont think he is sincere in his beliefs, I just believe he is like so many other Elders and even the Governing body, he just loves telling other people how to live their lives.

• restrangled
    restrangled

My mom and her brothers. All are 70 plus years on up to 82. They were born and raised JW's, their mother being a 7th day Adventist and got the "Truth" from when they use to use the old phonographs door to door.

My mother would be happy to die, she has stated that all her life. Now at 73 she is feeling that sentiment stronger than ever. She still pioneers when she can. She admits the WBTS has made big blunders but uses the excuse "Jehovah is using imperfect humans and there are going to be mistakes.....it doesn't change the message."

Her motto as long as she has lived is: "This isn't the "real" life, I just want to close my eyes, go to sleep and wake up in the new order."

r.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

That is why belief in a system of relgion based on men means nothing, but a realationship with God and Christ will mean everything. I will never put my trust in men or an org again. I dont know if I would have been willing to die then, maybe at my zenith of being one but I feel now I would do so willing. I say feel instead of know, no one knows what they will do until they are confronted with such an issue.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit