Do You Believe The JWs YOU Know Are "True Believers"???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think there's a very small hardcore group of believers left. Most Witnesses I know laughingly smirk about the "end". I wonder how many JWs actually would DIE for "The Truth".

• JH
    JH

I know what you mean.

I recognize the hard core JW in my congregation. They will be out in the service rain or shine, 20 below zero or 100 degrees. They are too far gone to even contemplate questioning their religion.

Most are followers though.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Not many of them are, maybe 15% of the cong I used to attend, perhaps even less. Most of them are paying lip service to the wts these days, doing as little as they can get away with, and faking their service reports, etc to make it look like they are doing more.

There are currently 8 congregations here in Derby. If all the jws who don't totally believe in wts doctrine suddenly left the org, I suspect that there would be no more than 2 or 3.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Not at all. They may think that they are and that is because they are captives of a concept and what they believe is all an illusion. This illusionary concept is makes them think that they are true believers. Proof of this is when someone learns and becomes aware of the history of the society, some break away from the society and are no longer captive to its concept. Such as myself. I once thought that I was a true believer, now I know that it was all an illusion.

Blueblades ( Yes, I read the book and agree with it. ) .

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting comments....The religion is a farce.

• JK666
    JK666

My mother - in her eighties, and is the most caring, wonderful woman that I ever met. If the GB had a tenth of her compassion and love for Jehovah, the Org would not be the sham it is. JK

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My grandma who is inactive I feel is a true believer, My Dad the Elder, Im not so sure. I think alot of witnesses nowadays actually enjoy being different, and enjoy forcing their kids to be that way. I suspect my Dad might not even believe in God by now, but only goes along with it because he "gets off" on being different. Plus there are probably lots of JW's too proud to admit they are wrong, so they just remain in it as a token gesture.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I can just imagine a few JW's out there thinking to themselves "Even if there is no God, this religion is the best way to live morally" I have read on here of Elders and Pioneer sisters who were atheists the whole time they were JW's, strange as it may sound.

• minimus
    minimus

Would these same people DIE for their JW beliefs???

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, they wouldnt die--but they would let their children and other family members die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit