Do You Live a 'Normal' Life?

by Golf 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Golf
    Golf

zagor, two thumbs up for you, good points. I'm always impressed when people do things. mMny thanks for your input.

Golf

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

'Golf' there seems to be too much confusion as to what 'normal' is, so maybe you should rephrase your question to: 'Do you live a happy life?' instead?

• Backed away
    Backed away

Mrsjones5 said,

Normal is relative

you haven't met mine then!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yeah I think we all have weird relatives

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Yes, normal for me but as Mrs Jones expressed too, my normal is not normal for most other people. We are quite excentric compared to just about everybody I've ever met. We do not fit in any molds, don't even try to label us.

Normal for me is; organic vegan eating horse training animal loving bilingual born again Christian ex JW charity focused individual who lives in and loves nature not materialism driven guitar playing jeans and boots wearing black leather motorcyle riding Bohemian travelor who can clean up well and turn classic profesional when needed with wheelchairs for wheelchair races in the yard that can be utilized as extra seating when company comes and a skankily dressed manequin in the front window...I could go on..

Normal is as normal does.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    No Reneeisorym, I cant say Ive ever had the perfect anything, the closest I have ever come was when I lived in Kentucky and had lots of friends, but even then I had low paying menial jobs.. Here is a suggestion, since you seem to have plenty, why not travel around the country and see new places? If money was no object, I could travel around the US and never get bored. Traveling is fun and you get to meet new people and expererience different cultures here in America. I wish we could trade lives, J/K sorry I wouldnt wish mine on anyone.
    I get to travel about twice a year. I am not rich. I am just content with all I need. Considering that I've been homeless, hungry, broke, starved, abused and a member of a cult, I just consider myself quite lucky to have a 'normal' life now. I'm so grateful and in awe at how my life has changed now. I just can't believe that little ole me could end up with such a wonderful life. Its just boring now. There is no excitement. Same stuff day in and day out.Dec 29, 2006
    Reneeisorum, bored at the age of 24? Do you get involved in wholesome activities? What interests you? What brings pleasure and happiness to you? Do you go out of your way to make others happy? You sound like a JW.. LOL .. "wholesome activities" I work 40 hours a week. Sunday is church. Monday work and then home. Tuesday work and then I go evangelizing. Wednesday work/I teach 1st graders at church. Thursday I work/teach a woman's Bible study. Friday work/home. Saturday free day. Maybe I need to drop the church stuff when my committment is over and volunteer at a charity place instead. I just feel like its week after week of the same routine and it bores me to pieces. I HATE it that I feel so numb when I have so much to be grateful for. I am so happy that I don't have to depend on a paradise earth to make me happy. I would be bored in no time. It seems the lesson I've learned is that this flesh we are in just can't be satisfied. I know most of you probably want to slap me for complaining. I just don't feel comfortable telling my friends about all of this. They don't understand anything I've been through in the past and I know you guys do. They have no idea the feeling of being alone and feeling dead because all of your freaking family wont talk to you because they are all cult members. I wonder if they even believe me that this can happen in America. I am an orphan. I know you kinda can't be at orphan when you are 24 but I still needed my parents. I wasn't done learning from them and loving them. I have a wonderful fiance but he's all I have. I have friends but they just don't understand me. They can't begin to understand how alone I feel no matter how many people are around me. I had 36 family members taken from me. That is an enormous loss. I feel dead. I am dead to them. They are dead to me. It sucks.
  • searching4truth
    searching4truth

I don't think it is really possible for any of us that have grown up in a cult to really be "normal" or thinking no matter how hard we try will always be a little different

• Golf
    Golf

searchfortruth, right on with your comment!

Reneeisorium, sounds like a JW? Let's see, I've know about this org since 1948, but they were not my prime influence in life, it was SPORTS!

I have six grown children and 11 grandchildren. If you read a portion of my profile you would see that I'm an active person and I get things done. I would like to tell you about my personal life, experiences and struggles but I'm not here for that. I'm interested in EXTRACTING POSITIVE thoughts that could be used in encouraging others. I find the scripture in Hebs 10:24 "...but encouraging one another..." not practiced within the ranks of the witnesses.. Life is not only about us but OTHERS!

Golf

• penny2
    penny2
    I had 36 family members taken from me. That is an enormous loss.

(((reneeisorym)))

Nothing and no-one can replace your own family. It doesn't matter how many useful activities we fill our lives with, we still need our families. Yes, others here do understand.

Love

penny2

• penny2
    penny2
    no matter how hard we try will always be a little different

I agree. Lots of people think I'm a little weird. It doesn't worry me now - I'm just me.

penny2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit