Do You Live a 'Normal' Life?

by Golf 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Golf
    Golf

Do you? If you do, what do YOU consider 'normal'? Is unhappiness, guilt and a low-self-esteem normal?

Let's share some positive experiences. For me, I seek to find the good out of negative experiences. I've been into competitive sports since childhood and still do professionally. I've combined my high-steel ironworker trade with being a professional tree surgeon. I have patents on three inventions and have gone to inventors conventions to display my works. I've written a book on golf titled, The ABC's of Golf. It has been my desire to never stop learning. We need to seek out our potential and self-worth. Never allow negative experiences to hold you back from exploring yourself, never!

What are YOU doing to gain back emotional stability and self-worth?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, but I've tried over the years. I never wanted much, except maybe a house with a 2 car garage, picket fence, decent marriage. My marriage was a wreck, I had all my ambition nearly wiped out of me by high school, never planned a career because "this system" should have ended back in the 20th century. I never developed any talents or interest in school. The only thing I love to do is travel on road trips and eat. I dont watch any TV, Im hooked on the net, couldnt tell you any of my local news. I had many friends and acquaintances in Kentucky, but had to move out of state due to lack of career planning. I have never been able since to make any local friends, with the exception of one XJW who posts here, and I dont see her that often due to our conflicting work schedules. Every chance I have tried to better myself, and/or make friends I have hit a brick wall here.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What's normal?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

To me normal is being able to blend in with your surroundings. My mind is drawing a blank right now so i wont try to explain it, maybe later

• serendipity
    serendipity

NO - I never aspired to normalcy. I enjoy my uniqueness.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Normal is relative.

I am normal and not normal at the same time. I live in a largely white town. I go to a largely white church. Most of my friends are white. I don't speak ebonics. I am black. This is normal for me. But if I go to a black neighborhood and open my mouth I'm not normal. I'm an oreo, an uppity white wannabee. Jokes have been said about me to my face because of the way I speak. When asked by a black person what church I go to it's assumed that I go to the Eastern Star church in my town which is mostly black. My husband is teased all the time at work by his black coworkers because we live in a white community.

So what is normal?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ever since I was born a JW I have strived to be normal, I often wished I had been born in the 1800's before Charles T Russell was ever thought of. I tried every way to blend in at school, but never could, no matter how hard I tried. I was emotionally withdrawn from day one in school. Every time I tried to do a normal childhood thing or have any dreams, these were quickly squashed by my JW Dad. Yes I am definitely unique, but I dont like it I didnt grow into the person I am today, I was molded that way..

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well I have come a very long way from where I was years ago as far as being a positive person. I try to think of negative experiences as something to learn from. It is definitely a challenge to think positive thoughts and experience some joy in your life when all through childhood you were told you were a piece of scum in so many words and then go through all the JW BS.

As far as being 'normal', what's normal for one person is not normal for another person. I figure I am a work in progress--I've come a long way baby, but I still have a long way to go.

• carla
    carla

I used to, now I live with a fricken nut case.

• Golf
    Golf

Carla, thanks for the laugh.

Lovetobeworldly, yes we are a work in progress. Combating negativity is a challenge and we need to confront that challenge. The more we tackle it, the more we will find relief and a purpose to be positive, mind you, it will be gradual, but it's worth the challenge.

Mrsjones5, what is normal? How about being happy and enjoying the company of others? How about being happy with yourself?

You know, it's normal for all of us to eat and go to the bathroom. Is it normal to fight against habits or tendencies such as eating and going to the bathroom? Is it normal to be ALWAYS mad and hateful? Is it normal to lie, cheat and steal?

I married a women that was not a witness and she always told me that I wasn't normal. I wasn't normal because I didn't follow the crowd. I went against the grain of the system and I still do.

The witness program has taken away the very essence of life among it's adherents and turned them into robots. This is NOT normal but CONTROL!!!!

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit