Do You Live a 'Normal' Life?

by Golf 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 5go
    5go

Does anyone ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Mrsjones5, what is normal? How about being happy and enjoying the company of others? How about being happy with yourself?

Golf, I really don't understand why those questions are directed towards me. I didn't say I was unhappy being who I am because some folks in the black community think I'm not normal. I put my experience out there because I really don't think there is a normal. The best you can hope for is to like yourself and that there are others out there who like you the way you are.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I think there is such a thing that society calls normal, kind of expected of us. Our society expects us to get an education, work hard, have families, etc etc etc, when people do the opposite (live single, live impoverished, become a criminal) then society considers these abnormal. There are alot of people, not just XJW's who will say "there is no normal", but then there are alot of people who are quick to point out when someone isnt normal.----Growing up all I ever heard from non-jw's is "He is not focusing in school, that is not normal" "He is not planning on college, that is not normal" "He is 18 years old and still single, thats not normal" "he doesnt participate in any school activities, that is not normal"-------------------------------------------------------------------------So while there isnt any definitive meaning to the word "normal" Society in general seems to recognize what is abnormal

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Yes and I'm bored.

Perfect man. Perfect house. Have everything I want. Plenty of hope. I have delt wonderfully with loosing my family... Worked hard to improve my attitude. Will reach my goals in time ...

I wouldn't change anything. Everything is perfect. But my days are so boring. I feel like I am on a treadmill. I wouldn't dare ask for more excitement because that might mean I have to loose a limb or something.

For those of you with more experience in life -- Have you been at this point? Do I need to have kids or something to add some excitement?

• Golf
    Golf

Mrsjones5, the questions I asked had to do with what is 'normal'. I hope you didn't think I was criticizing your comments. What may be normal to one person may not be normal to another person you say. Yes, I agree. I may do something 'differently' than another person that isn't normally done by that person but the end result is the same. The game of golf is a perfect example. The swing styles and club selections differ with all golfers but it's the results that matter.

My subject has to do with happiness and joy with ourselves and others. There is no guilt feelings and low self-esteem when we're happy. Are we experiencing happiness and joy?

Golf

• juni
    juni

I feel I'm "normal" and lead a "normal" life though that's subjective.

I show kindness and love towards others. I look for the positive in people and not the negative. I like having a good time. I am trustworthy and responsible. I enjoy good music and food and nature. I will "stand up" for what is right and I will speak out against those who hurtfully attack other people.

Also, I am unique as we all are. I have my oddities such as I tend to get silly. I have my own opinions, but not so opinionated that I won't listen to others' ideas.

I'm proud of my accomplishments and I like who I am. There's always room for improvement in myself, but I feel that's the way I grow and maintain humility.

Sounds like I just wrote a personal ad for match.com!!!

Juni

• sf
    sf

{{{ GOLF }}} Good to 'see' you. I hope your holiday season has been going well.

{{{{ jonesy }}}} Don't ever change darlin'.

CARLA!!! LOL!!!!

sKally

• Golf
    Golf

Very good Juni. I'm seeking encouraging comments. I hope it inspires others.

Golf

Note: I'm not often on the forum, sooooooooo, I may not reply to questions asked or reply to comments.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No Reneeisorym, I cant say Ive ever had the perfect anything, the closest I have ever come was when I lived in Kentucky and had lots of friends, but even then I had low paying menial jobs.. Here is a suggestion, since you seem to have plenty, why not travel around the country and see new places? If money was no object, I could travel around the US and never get bored. Traveling is fun and you get to meet new people and expererience different cultures here in America. I wish we could trade lives, J/K sorry I wouldnt wish mine on anyone.

• Golf
    Golf

Reneeisorum, bored at the age of 24? Do you get involved in wholesome activities? What interests you? What brings pleasure and happiness to you? Do you go out of your way to make others happy?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit