Post your favorite saying

by Scully 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

"Make a list of those who will still be crying for you one year after you die. Do everything you can to make those people happy now."

Stealth

• patio34
    patio34

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask (or answers I can't question." From someone on this board about 5 years ago and she passed away, but I can't remember . . . oh yeah, it just came back: Jan Groenveld.

• zagor
    zagor

You can have anything you want, achieve anything, become anyone, and have every happiness in the world that you deserve, if you will give up the belief that you can't have it. That is all that is takes. Power is within you, so stop self-sabotaging yourself. ~Unknown

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

"I'm such a smartass I can sit in ice cream and tell what flavor it is" - gwyneth

*Jaw drops* I thought _I_ was the only one who ever says that!...only my version is somewhat different.

"I'm not a smartass; a smartass can sit on an icecream cone and tell you what flavor it is."

• fokyc
    fokyc

"My Boy,

Computers are a passing phase and will NEVER catch on", Headmaster in my old school.

Little did he know!!

fokyc

• zagor
    zagor

“To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” ~ Unknown

“An average man is too concerned with liking people or with being liked himself. A warrior likes, that’s all. He likes whatever or whomever he wants, for the hell of it.” ~ Carlos Castaneda (20th century mystic and Toltec warrior)

"It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself." ~ Muhammad Ali

But this one really takes the cake ...
    "We probably wouldn't worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do." ~Olin Miller

.....so true lol

• zagor
    zagor

[duplicate]

• dh
    dh

The anagnorisis Macbeth where he says "I am in blood stepped in so far that, should I wade no more, returning were as tedious as go oer"

Also from Macbeth the speech about life that ends with. "Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more: it is a tale, Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." (Kurt Vonnegut)

• dh
    dh

"for the dead are not powerless. Dead, did I say? There is no death, only a change of worlds." (Chief Seattle)

from a great historic speech which can be read here http://www.halcyon.com/arborhts/chiefsea.html

• Gordy
    Gordy

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like in the Gospel. Then its not the Gospel you believe, but yourself" - Augustine

"People say they love the truth. What they mean is that they wish what they love was truth" R.J.Singer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit