Post your favorite saying

by Scully 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

I was just pondering how the WTS has, for over a century, been able to convince people to do what is contrary to their best interests with fear tactics that Armageddon™ is Coming Soon™, and I came up with what is going to be my pet phrase for a while:

"Only religion has the power to compel people to embrace sheer stupidity in the name of faith." ~ Scully, December 28, 2006

I Googled it, and didn't see that anyone else has claimed it, so until someone else finds an attribution for it, I'm claiming it as my own.

Do you have your own favorite sayings? Ones that you've coined yourself, or others that you think are words to live by?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My brother-in-law coined a good one - "There's no arrogance like religious arrogance"

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

There are two kinds of people in the world—those who walk into a room and say, “Well, here I am!” and those who walk into a room and say, “Ah, there you are!”

Wendy

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

What I say, and haven't yet found on Google. Generally, it's been said by many.

The belief in myths is unnecessary in order to have moral standards.

"There's a sucker born-again every minute!"

http://www.atheists-online.com/store.asp?shop=00500#1

• Warlock
    Warlock

Wendy reminded me of one of my favorites.

"There are 2 types of people in the world. Those who get hung..................... and those who do the hanging"

Stolen from a movie.

Warlock

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    "The older you get, the faster things fall apart!"

-My grandmother

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

"When your good your good, and when you great your me." Searching4truth

• Schism
    Schism

"The Bible is an important relic of human history, just like Hitler". By Schism.

I was probably drunk when I thought of it

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Wise people ask questions that fools refuse to answer.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

What happens outside of the elders room/KH stays outside of the elders room/KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit