• Beta Male
    Beta Male

you deserve what you tolerate

• streets76
    streets76

"Watch your step, there's dog shit everywhere."

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You can tuna piano but you can't tuna fish. (I forgot who said this.)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Here are some of my favorite sayings;

This one actually got me through a rough marriage;

You don't have to control relationships, all you have to do is tell the truth and either they'll stay and things will get better or they'll leave and things will get better.

Live is like a box of chocolates...
    it's more like a jar of jalapenos.
    Whatever you do today,
    may burn your ass tomorrow.

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

And my personal favorite lately:

LIFE is not a journey to the grave of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
    but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming,
    WOW WHAT A RIDE!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

"You are the master of your own destiny"

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"--Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing (my fav movie)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"If I kicked every dog that barked at me I would never get to where I am going" - Charles Taze Russel

• zagor
    zagor

There is no need to reach high for the stars. They are already within you - just reach deep into yourself! ~The Quote Garden When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you. ~African Proverb

Oh and I love this one ...

We probably wouldn't worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do. ~Olin Miller

• zagor
    zagor

Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions. ~ Earl Gray Stevens

Quitting is only a short cut to losing. ~ Unknnown

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look once in awhile, you could miss it ~ Ferris Beuler

• zensim
    zensim

I collect quotes - I have pages of my favourites. But this one has pretty much underpinned my life for the longest time now. Fortunately I didn't have to to wait until I was old to figure out this one:

Written by an unknown Monk, around 1100AD:

'When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world,' he wrote.

'I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town, and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realise the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realise that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could, indeed, have changed the world.'

• zensim
    zensim

And this one I wrote:

'Our children teach us, just as we teach them. As much as we want to leave them a better physical world, we have to remember the most important world we can leave them is in their hearts. It is from within their hearts that they will create their future world.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit