Do Not Buy RCA Products

by jayhawk1 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

WARNING! Never buy RCA products if you know what is good for you. I had a DVD/VCR Combo Recorder that I bought brand new in April 2006. In November 2006 it died on me. My wife called their service center in Texas (Thompson Corp) who said to ship it to them and they would immediately send a replacement. We shipped it at the cost of $22.00 shortly before Thanksgiving. We called them today (Dec 26, 2006) to find out when we will receive our DVD/VCR and they claim they never got it and since they don't have it, they are not sending a replacement. UPS says they sent have it and so it is not their problem.

So I am out the cost of the DVD/VCR which was about $200 and another $22 shipping the piece of junk back to them. What a bunch of ______________! (Fill in the blank with whatever expletive you wish.)

NEVER BUY AN RCA PRODUCT!

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

that does bite jayhawk1!!! Perhaps it`s just that particuliar Service Center?? maybe you should register a complaint against them? We`ve owned quite a few RCA TV`s through the years and have been fortunate enough to have had no *bad-luck* so far with them. One I`ve had in my bedroom for 12 years!

I`d persue this if I was you.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

My folks bought a 27" inch RCA TV over 11 years ago and the color is still excellent. They're very pleased with it because its on literarily every day of the year for anywhere between 3 to 8 hours. The RCA remotes aren't as durable though.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Anything you send by UPS is insured for a minimum $100. UPS can prove whether it was delivered or not.

Don't give up.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

It does often pay to make a valid complaint against companies that have failed to provide proper service. I went to www.consumer.gov and looked in the Consumer Action Handbook to see if I could find you a corporate address for RCA but it was not listed. You can file a written complaint to your State Attorney General's office. Get a copy of the UPS documentation showing it was delivered to the Service Center and include that with your complaint. You can also order a free copy of the Consumer Action Handbook on that website. Click on the yellow book on the bottom section of the main page. It has lots of good consumer info about lots of topics. It's also online but I still like the feel of paper in my hands.

• Scully
    Scully

UPS has a delivery record, with the signature of the person who received it.

Follow the paper trail. If you have documented proof that RCA received your merchandise, they are responsible for repairing / replacing the merchandise.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I always buy electronics at Costco or Sams Club. They will replace any product that dies. They sell an extended warranty, but that entails sending it in to be fixed. I forego that and just keep the receipt. I returned a digital video camera after a year and some months because it crapped out on me. This was at Sam's Club and no questions asked they replaced it with a newer model right then and there.

Other's are right, UPS can prove if it was delivered, remember that they always require a signature. So, just follow up on it and hang in there.

W.Once

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

sometimes simply calling again and talking to someone higher up than the person who answers the phone will resolve a situation like that.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Go to a site like planetfeedback.com and see if others have had similar complaints with the product and how they got them resolved. (Some of the complaints on there are pretty funny though)

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

I'm sorry you got a bad CS rep. However, this isn't a matter of whether they feel like replacing it or not. You need to call and get the name of the CS manager and then send a certifed letter w/a copy of the UPS receipt and let them know that you expect either a new DVR, your fixed one back, or your money back (depending on your warranty) within the next 30 days. Let them know that if you don't receive it, you will be contacting the states' attorney general and lodging a complaint in both the state you are from and the state the center is located.

You'll get your money back or a new one, I promise, just make sure to keep copies of everything you send, and follow-up.

Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit