Do Not Buy RCA Products

by jayhawk1 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

This isn't over yet, but as for my family, there will never be another RCA product in my home again.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't understand the last part of your post. Does UPS say they delivered the package?

Did you include an RMA number inside the package?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

RMA?

This is what was sent. The VCR/DVD recorder (obviously), the remote, the receipt, and the case number provided by RCA to get it replaced. UPS delivered it and they claim they don't have it. That's what I've got right now. UPS claims since Thompson INC a company of RCA has it, they are no longer responsible for it. And Thompson says they never got it, but as soon as they see it, they will do something with it.

My solution is to now let the world know what kind of garbage they are pulling.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

I would verify that UPS did actually deliver it. With their receipt in hand, you can check their site on the internet and see all the different places where your recorder went from one truck to another or was stored in a warehouse. Some months ago our company sent something from Canada to Ohio, and we thought it was delivered. Months went by and our customer phoned to ask when we plan to ship the item. We were stunned. UPS never told us until we asked, but the item was destroyed by water and fire when one of their warehouses had a big fire.

I've had RCA products for years and have had no problems, either with them or with the Thomson Company. (Thomson is spelled without a "p".) As a matter of fact, some of the GE and RCA radios distributed by Thomson are of superior quality. I wouldn't try to give a company a bad name just because of one representative who disappointed me. And, who knows? The guy may be completely innocent. It's just possible the fault is with UPS, not RCA or Thomson.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Tomorrow I am going to the Pack and Ship place where I sent the Recorder from and see what they will do. After that, all I can say is it must be one of these company's faults.

All I know is I bought an RCA product that didn't hardly make it past 6 months. What a piece of JUNK! This family will NEVER AGAIN own an RCA product.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    All I know is I bought an RCA product that didn't hardly make it past 6 months. What a piece of JUNK! This family will NEVER AGAIN own an RCA product.

Have you ever worked for a company that made a product? Sometimes this just happens.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    the case number provided by RCA to get it replaced

Yup, that's the RMA number.

Sounds like you should give them the UPS tracking number to prove it is delivered. If they don't budge, next time you talk to them start talking about small claims court.

Don't say you will sue them unless you intend to. (It is illegal to say "I am going to sue you" if you don't follow through with it.) However, it is not illegal to talk about how you are talking to a lawyer to consider your options.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Have you ever worked for a company that made a product?

Yes, I make aircraft parts. This isn't the first time I've dealt with a company that produced a bad part. Two years ago, I had a Panasonic DVD/VCR player that bit the dust, but Panasonic was good enough and honest enough to fix it and get it back to me. I figured RCA would do the same.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Here are some of the makes of DVD players I have had trouble with: Go Video which I think is a Sony product, Akai, Toshiba, and two portables by Astar and Mintek. I don't think the make them as good as the old VHS players. I can't believe all the problems I have had with them. Anyway I feel bad for you. If you can prove they received it through ups they will have to replace it. Good luck.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I quit,

I agree with you on this point. It seems to me I've had more trouble with the DVD players than I ever had with the VCR machines. The Magnavox recorder I got after Thanksgiving makes the 5th DVD machine I've purchased in the last 4 years.

Panasonic DVD/VCR player - Sent back and rebuilt - Runs pretty good now

Apex DVD player - The first one is going strong, and gave it to my mother-in-law - The second one now resides at the local dump

RCA DVD/VCR recorder - somewhere in Texas apparently

And now the Magnavox. I hope it lasts.

(We had a Sony VCR that lasted 11 years before it ate a tape. I have another Sony VCR that is still going strong.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit