Name Some JW "Double Standards"

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Some years ago I saw a cartoon in the Daily News showing the RED SEA parted and Moses in front crossing the Sea. Moses had a serious look on his face but was wearing a kiddy life preserver with a big smile.

The wts doesnt take any chances either.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    *** Watchtower 1980 March 15 p.30 Why Look to Jehovah in All You Undertake? ***
    Since the city elders judged in the open area near the gates, it would be there that the sons would speak with opponents in a legal case, successfully putting to silence baseless accusations and false testimony.
    [Emphasis Added]

In regards to Judicial matters, elders say they follow the Bible but in reality their "court" is contradictory to the Bible. Jesus never judged anyone in "back room" of a Kingdumb Hall.

*** Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock (book) Unit 5(b) p.110 ***
    [This book is available only to active elders]
    If the accused wishes to bring witnesses who can speak in his defense regarding the matter, he may do so.
    However, observers are not permitted.No tape-recording devices are allowed.
    [Emphasis Added]

YC

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Shine on, Jean Terrell
    Bay Area Reporter, CA - 2 hours ago
    I asked Terrell, known for her devotion to her Jehovah's Witness faith, how she felt about her strong gay following. She said, "As long as they like my...
    I asked Terrell, known for her devotion to her Jehovah's Witness faith, how she felt about her strong gay following. She said, "As long as they like my music, that's all that matters." Included for the first time in digital format is the obscure but magnificent "May His Love Shine Forever," from the little-known 1971 Gospel compilation LPKey to the Kingdom. Terrell really pours her soul into this one!

• Golf
    Golf

"... in our case YOU may learn the rule: "Do not go beyond the things that are written." (1 Cor. 4:6)

Matt 24:36,37 "...this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. Vs 36, "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angles of the heavens nor the son..."

How was it that the organization put so much emphasis on 1975? How did they know that 6000 years of man's existence would be in 1975? Did they not go beyond the things that are written? You decide.

Golf

• minimus
    minimus

If we were supposed to be like Lot and not look back at the "system of things" and imitate Noah and just stick to preaching--------why does the Watchtower Society keep expanding, building, remodeling etc.??? If THEY really believed that we are living in the very last days of the "last days", why are they not using all their money to effectively preach the word before it's too late?? Because the GB is a hypocritical group who do not practice what they preach. They are two-faced.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If THEY really believed that we are living in the very last days of the "last days", why are they not using all
    their money to effectively preach the word before it's too late??

I have to agree. If this is the last of the last, then they should be willing to do a blitz of advertising.
    They don't have to go so far that they would cut into printing the Craptower mag, but everything else
    is refuse if the end is "right around the corner." They will say the KN#37 was that ad, but a truly
    dedicated Governing Body to their cause would see the potential in TV and radio ads, perhaps also
    billboards. Their campaign would get them onto talkshows and in the news. They could motivate
    JW to march around downtowns worldwide with signs and flyers and slogans to shout.
    "The end is here, you'll get it in the rear." Something like that.

NO, they provide a cheap piece of paper for a small percentage of the world to read, then say it is
    done. Go back to the regular monthly offers. On to the next special campaign- inviting people to the
    memorial. NOT EFFECTIVE. Perhaps they don't believe strongly enough in their own crap. IMAGINE THAT.

• minimus
    minimus

Let's face it: the Watchtower's way of advertising SUCKS! Any business knows that if you don't PROPERLY advertise, you won't be able to sell your product. If they genuinely wanted to get their "life-saving message" out, they would cough up the $$$$. Their simple refusal to do that translates into all talk and no action.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

The JW are very quick to refuse "literature" from another church, or denomination from other people.

They only want others to read their magazines propaganda.

YC

• Mary
    Mary

I thought of another 'double standard':

• A R&F brother is not allowed to do any work (painting, fixing roofs etc) on any church because that would be supporting Babylon the Great
    • The congregation can sell an old Kingdumb Hall to another church but that's not supporting Babylon the Great.
  • found-my-way
    found-my-way

As long as you haven't been baptized and you are a family member, and you have ''apostate views'' and voice them, you are still treated as a member of the family.

But if you were baptized and you are a family member and you have ''apostate views'', even if you don't voice them, you are shunned large.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit