Name Some JW "Double Standards"

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What's the name of the organization that Watchtower has gotten together with that promotes interfaith??

• 5go
    5go
    You cannot get a tatoo, because there's a scripture somewhere in the Old Testament telling you not to

They recently reniged on this one .

• minimus
    minimus

What do you know about the CESNUR Conference??

• 5go
    5go
    You shouldn't buy or eat Halloween or XMas candy until AFTER the holidays

The only thing I liked growing up with a witness mom I got huge amounts of candy ( a day late ) and had to do no work for it.

• seawolf
    seawolf

Witnesses don't celebrate holidays but they sure do gobble up those paid holidays from work!

Not donating to charities because they don't want to do anything that could extend this system of things, but yet they'll sure take those handouts if something happens...

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, where I work the holidays tend not to be exclusively "Christian", just extra vacation time. Jewish workers can use it for their days, Orthodox Christians can use it in January (one month difference in their calendar), people can go to church on Good Friday, or 6 months later to go to a ball game, atheists can do whatever they want with the time..

Blondie

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

If you lend money to any of My people who are poor among you, you shall not be like a moneylender to him; you shall not charge him interest. Ex 22:25 - - - Doesn't the WTBTS charge interest on loans to congregations, (even poor ones?)

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Why doesn't someone write a letter to the WTS with all these "double standards" and see what the official response from the WTS is as opposed to each individual Witness and then they can post the answer on here. justahuman - but super nonetheless

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Mention an "elder's" fault and you're being NEGATIVE and not giving them "double honor".

When they councel you on one of your faults they are being loving and concerned.

brzfst

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

Drinking in 'MODERATION' some of the biggest piss-tank parties I ever attended were J-Dub bashes. 'hic'!
    Happy 'hic'! Holidays and Best of the New Year to all.
    K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit