Jehovah is like a dead beat dad

by MsMcDucket 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Bravo an apt comparison

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I posted this in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/126116/1.ashx

To make this easier to visualize, I like to think of god as a wife-beater. A wife beater comes home from the race track and tosses his coat on the floor and kicks his shoes off in the middle of the room. Then he yells at his wife for keeping such a messy house. Then he screams for dinner but since there isn't any money coming in, it's cracker soup again and he yells at her some more and whacks her across the face. The wife beater caused or was at least complicit in the conditions of the house, but blames everyone but himself for the results.

Now if there is a god that created everything then he created everything. Period. If he were more of a man than the wife-beater mentioned above, he would stand up and take responsibility for the part of the problem that he owns. But no. It's satan's fault and adam's fault and eve's fault and the israelite's fault and the demon's fault. I can see why the watchtower never admit to any errors - they are only following god's brilliant example.

• Clam
    Clam

In the meantime the deadbeat dad's former home has been left in the hands of Uncle Lucifer, a deranged criminal who has already received the death sentence but in the meantime is allowed to roam free in the community and have access to the kids. But mysteriously access is one way. The kids aren't allowed to have anything to do with him or his pals the Demons, a group of guys who should be in a high security hospital for the criminally insane.

• vitty
    vitty
    If anyone is a parent who reads this post or replys, do you give to your children as soon as they requests something, I can only imagine a spoiled child pulling on the skirt, give me, give me, give me until they get it. I sure hope

If my child told me he was hungry, I would fix him some food

If my child told me he was thirsty, I would get him a drink

If my child was in danger, I would protect him

Repeat your quote to all those starving, children in Africa..............................or to those children anywhere in the world who are being abused.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

ahhhhh, yes.... and if we go back to the begginning of the fairy tale.......

and i told my child not to take candy from strangers, and i saw my children doing so, i would step in and make sure my kid didn't eat that candy, and prolly beat the crap out of the stranger.....

i mean this god person is supposedly omni-present.... so you know he saw the silly snake telling his children it was ok to eat the fruit.... and this god person supposedly know this will hurt his children, and their children... so yeah, what kinda father is he?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

To the posts that view Jehovah as a dead beat father, consider this scriptural thought in Is 55:8,9

8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the L ord .
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
    9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

I know that we all have our opinions and mine is no better than yours or worse. It is a shame that people have equated God with a corporation just because they said they were right and his spokesman. Stand back and see the bigger picture.

abr

• Satanus
    Satanus
    8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the L ord .
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
    9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Right. Just like a scornful, deadbeat dad, looking down on his diminutive offspring.

S

• robhic
    robhic
    I mean this god person is supposedly omni-present.... so you know he saw the silly snake telling his children it was ok to eat the fruit.... and this god person supposedly know this will hurt his children, and their children...

And when he came looking for A&E, he couldn't find them. The only people in the place and the omniscient one can't even find 'em! Kinda shakes your confidence in the big guy, eh?

...so yeah, what kinda father is he?

He's a bad father, that's what he is. Overly strict in his punishments (death is pretty strict, wouldn't you say?) and way too stingy with his rewards, unless you happen to be a favorite who spends the majority of their time kissing his ass. Some father...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

And if you have a father that treats you like a father and you call him father, he gets jealous. That's crazy!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    He has given us a home which we are destroying, he provides more food than we can eat except man's greed prevents the distribution of it.

Well, if he cared about his home, he wouldn't let his children mess it up. One other thing, the earth will be here long after we're gone. If we are destroying it, he's going to come home and kill us!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit