Jehovah is like a dead beat dad

by MsMcDucket 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• acadian
    acadian

kid-a,

like I said, "Whether there's a God or not, it's plain to see who's fault suffering is" If you don't believe in a god, why are you mad at it? What Christ taught and what Christianity teach and taught in the past are two differant teachings. Christ was not a christian. Nor did he teach christianity, he brought a government and not a new one, but the one from the beginning. What I find really sad is that it's so simple. Even if you don't believe in God, you still can, treat your neighbor as yourself, and take care of the earth, because it provides us our food shelter and clothing. What prevents man from doing that? (greed, money, power, control over their follow man and woman) Now what are WE doing personally to end suffing? Are we helping each other to the best of our abilities or Continuing the lie governments propagate? As for me I'm going to continue following the Spirit of the law, and if I'm considered a fool for doing so, then the fool I am. Acadian
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek

acadian:

If you don't believe in a god, why are you mad at it?

Good point. It's a bit like being mad at Superman. But if you had been taught that Superman was real, you'd have to wonder why he never showed himself and actually did any of the things for which he is known, and you might even be mad at him for not saving someone from disaster.

What Christ taught and what Christianity teach and taught in the past are two differant teachings. Christ was not a christian. Nor did he teach christianity,

Agreed. He was a Jew who taught obedience to the law and the virtues of being nice (among other, less sensible things).

he brought a government and not a new one, but the one from the beginning.

Now that's Christianity.

What I find really sad is that it's so simple. Even if you don't believe in God, you still can, treat your neighbor as yourself, and take care of the earth, because it provides us our food shelter and clothing.

Absolutely, and you can find many people doing that whether or not they believe in gods. They are sensible philosophies and owe nothing to the existence or otherwise of any deity.

What prevents man from doing that? (greed, money, power, control over their follow man and woman)

Things like that, but most of the time you'd find people actually do follow those precepts. But that's a separate issue anyway. Returning somewhat to the original analogy of the thread, it's like ignoring the deadbeat father's absence and pointing out that the kids are fighting. Unfortunately one of the reasons for conflict in the world is that most religions don't just stop at "Treat others as you would like to be treated" but have added some very questionable rules alongside them, ranging from the inconvenient ("Don't light a fire on Saturday") to the downright evil ("No blood transfusions"). Those who get their morals from their holy book or holy man are not capable of distinguishing between the good advice and the bad. Fortunately today, most people in the civilised world get their morals elsewhere and ignore - or reinterpret - the parts of their holy book that disagree with common sense and civility. But we can see every day what happens when people do not.

Now what are WE doing personally to end suffing? Are we helping each other to the best of our abilities or Continuing the lie governments propagate?

Lots of people are doing their best each and every day. Many many people devote their whole lives to helping others. When a major disaster happens, people often give till it hurts. If they could prevent the disaster, I don't know anybody who would choose not to. If doing so would cost them nothing at all, then anyone who would do nothing would have to be some kind of monster. Unfortunately, large-scale natural disasters are usually beyond our ability to prevent. If there was a god, he would necessarily have this ability and therefore chooses not to use it.

As for me I'm going to continue following the Spirit of the law, and if I'm considered a fool for doing so, then the fool I am.

If you mean you'll be kind to your neighbours and take care of the earth, then you're no fool. I hope you do it because of a combination of rational thinking and compassion for others, but the effect is almost the same if you do it just to please a deity - as long as you don't take what it says too seriously.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Acadian, I'm mad at the concept that was charred into my brain. Do you understand? Mad at myself for even believing in the whole lot of crap. It has had a profound affect on my life. I've made decisions in my life because of believing in this concept.

Then when you realize that the whole concept is bogus, you think I could of done this or that. I don't know why people believe that everyone is going to run amuck because they don't believe in a supernatural entity? Has there ever been any civilization that has not believed in a supernatural entity? Is this what people/politics/whathaveyou do to keep people in line? Make a religion so that it will control the people?

Man, this stuff is deep!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((((MsMcDucket)))))

Me too.

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter
    Whether there's a God or not, it's plain to see who's fault suffering is, it's our's.
    were the one's who cause all the problems in the world not God.

It's our fault we suffer??? It's our fault we were born into "sin"? We are left alone to our own devices and then we are blamed because we fail? We are doomed from the outset. In fact if we didn't suffer then we wouldn't feel like we have a need for a "savior". So really if you believe the WT bullshit doctrine, if we didn't suffer then it would not be proof of the last days. If you look at it this way it is in god's best interest that we suffer. If we DID take care of the earth and if everyone on the earth was at PEACE etc....then where is our need for relief? He left us alone with a book that even geniuses can not comprehend....he "predicts" failure...and according to him we are getting dumber and dumber as the generations progresses..and we are blamed for a failure??!!!! It has nothing to do with an "all knowing", omni-present, powerful spirit creature just looking on....hoping that we fail and suffer and come running back to him...he shares no blame??!!

The basic truth is this.....most of us are doing the best we can...we work to provide for our families...we try and take care of each other in our limited way.... we don't have the power or influence or even the know how to make things better or worse for that matter. We are just living.....so don't blame us.

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter
    We are so far from being innocent that we owe our very existence to sin. If, for example, we traced our family tree far enough, we would probably each find an ancestor born as a result of sin - rape, unlawful incest, a despised pregnancy, sex before marriage, and the like. Humanity can boast only one perfect Person. We killed him.

True...very true....but is it our fault??!!! Should we suffer for the sins of our father?? We have failed because our parents were sinful? Makes no sense. Jesus was born of Mary....Mary's ancestors were not sinners?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Um, wasn't jesus born of sex before marriage? Since the pregnany was becoming apparent, was not her engaged ashamed because of it? Was it not the law that she should be stoned because of it, being classed as unfaithful to her betrothed?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit