Christmas Eve Dinner Menu

by sunshineToo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

So what are you having tonight?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My brother and sis-in laws house? Probably Pizza. Pizza where there is love-yum. Fun to get the kids together. Besides, we get turkey and prime rib the next night. . .

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Turkey and all the fixins.

lisa

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

We just had ours. Roast chicken, roast pork with crackling, baked potatoes and a particularly rich gravy. Plus apple sauce for the pork.

Tomorrow I'll roast a turkey breast and it and tonight's leftovers will be served sliced cold with salad for lunch (Summer here, remember).

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's like summer here also only we call it winter. 71degrees at 7:48 am.

• luna2
    luna2

We're warm this year too...upper 40's/lower 50's for a high the next couple of days. Most people I know wish for snow this time of year. I'm happier without it.

I don't do anything in particular for Christmas Eve. Never have really. When I was a kid, we'd be preparing for about 20/30 relatives coming over for Christmas Day, so we'd be doing last minute prep-type things. Pizza was generally the sort of thing we'd do too as my poor mother was worn to a frazzle. Hmmm...maybe I'll order a pizza tonight, for old times sake.

• Confession
    Confession

Crab Artichoke Bake w/ Pita Points

Spring Mix Salad with walnuts and dried cherries

Warmed French Bread

Shrimp Risotto

Sauteed Asparagus Spears

Sweet Potato Casserole (from a four generation family recipe. Good thing I nabbed it pre-shunning.)

Vanilla Ice Cream (Breyer's)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Crockpot Barbq Pork Short Ribs, Potato Salad, Green Beans, Homemade Rolls

The kids and I are going to make gingerbread men.

I'm putting the ribs in the crockpot now!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Lasagna, salads, misc. side dishes, garlic bread and wine. Desserts galore.

We woke up yesterday am to 4 inches of new snow which still looks beautiful.

New Years day menu will include black eyed peas for good luck in the coming year.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Roasted capon, garnished with truffles, deglazed with Madeira and caramelised chicory. With a 1995 Aloxe-Corton (burgundy). Mmmm...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit