Christmas Eve Dinner Menu

by sunshineToo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, now I'm hungry! I shall grill some lamb chops (in Dallas you can do that even in winter sometimes), boil some tiny little potatoes and drizzle butter, sea salt and garlic powder on them, braise a few leeks and make a salad. Tomorrow night I'm making a rib roast with Yorkshire pudding, mushrooms, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a cherry pie for dessert.

Wine, of course, will accompany both meals!

Merry Christmas to all ex-JWs everywhere. May your holiday be filled with the warmth and beauty not experienced by any of us as JWs. May the coming year bring new challenges and adventures, and for those whose families are still JWs, may their hearts be softened and opened to realize that family is more important than that stupid cult. But if not, may you all continue to find healing and support here from your adopted family!

Lots of love,

Nina

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I have a big meal on Christmas Day since my brother who is the only non-JW in my family comes over with his family.

Ham, mashed potatos, salad, fruit salad, homemade applesauce, green beans, homemade buns, lasagna (for some of my family that are vegetarians) meatballs, Christmas cookies, and pistachio pudding with strawberries (green and red) and of course wine for the toast.

Leslie

Everyone have a great holiday with those that you love!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Take out, cuz I am not cooking.

So, Mexican Chicken Flautas.

Tomorrow will be the big Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. Of which my mother in law is cooking the ham and I'm taking care of the sweet tato casserole, green bean casserole. And my sister in law is bringing something. Don't know what though.

• Princess
    Princess

My mother-in-law is here and my parents always come over on Christmas Eve. I am making ham, scalloped potatoes, rolls, salad and a vegetable.

Mulan is bringing the Buffalo Wings because my son requested them and she always gives in to him. He actually suggested she bring the whole dinner and turned to me and said "Grandma is a really good cook, why doesn't she make dinner?" Then he settled for the Buffalo wings, his favorite.

I swear I'm a good cook, it's just that grandma always makes his favorites and I make him eat even when it's not his favorite!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I must be really boring compared to everyone else here. I just had a peanut butter sandwich and glass of water for lunch, and I haven't even thought about dinner yet. My freezer is full of turkey, ducks, chicken, cornish hens, ribs, beef and pork roasts, venison, and a bunch of other stuff, but I haven't taken anything out to thaw. It's one of those days when I can't be bothered making a fuss just for myself. Also, I just lost 30 pounds and this time I'd like to keep it off.

Maybe I'll thaw some ground beef in the microwave and make myself a meatloaf.

W

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Finally Free:

I nominate You for an annual JWD party, seeing as you collect some fine food and all.

• blondie
    blondie

We're having Christmas dinner tomorrow with the family.

Tonight it is broiled angus choice sirloin steak, steamed fresh beans with freshly ground pepper, herbed rice, with a nice merlot, dessert is vanilla ice cream with hot cinnamon apple slices. Later we'll have what is the signature drink around here, brandy old-fashioneds sweet, mine with fruit, hubbie's with olives.

• karnage
    karnage

I'm a gourmet chef, so I always get roped into making the Christmas dinner. I think that I am going to go with a nice ham and make a sweet sauce to go with it. I'm not looking to get too complicated this time. I'm still hurting from Thanksgiving and I cook all the time anyway.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Nothing tonight, but tomorrow will be ham, mashed potatoes, string beans, applesauce, cornbread and christmas cookies. Growing up, we always had ham on Christmas day.

• Purza
    Purza

My husband's favorite: corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and carrots! Along with a Zinfandel from Stryker Winery. Yum!

We already made cookies for "Santa" tonight.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit