Christmas Eve Dinner Menu

by sunshineToo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I thought about ordering a small pizza earlier but I've been cooking all day and I'm not hungry. I'll have a sandwich with some eggnog later.

Tomorrow's dinner menu is half avacado stuffed with crabmeat salad on baby greens, roast leg of lamb, corn souffle, Sullivan beans (string beans steamed with onions and salt pork), roasted baby potatoes, mashed rutabaga, and the obligatory rolls. Dessert is pumpkin cheesecake and/or creme de menthe parfaits.

• evetteto
    evetteto

The chicken Flautas dounds delicious....I made some thurs nite for my Bible Study's Christmas/My BD party along with Beef Enchiladas,Rice,Beans and Salad accompanied by a Lemon Cake.

I cook for the Homeless and I will be serving :

Turkey/Cornbread Dressing

Macaroni & Cheese (homemade of course)

Collard Greens

Sweet Potato Bake

Rolls/Cranberry Sauce

Chocolate Cake

Ice Tea

Bags of Fruit, Nuts, & Candies

Served Up with Lots of Love (hope to feed atleast 60-70)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    The chicken Flautas dounds delicious....I made some thurs nite for my Bible Study's Christmas/My BD party along with Beef Enchiladas,Rice,Beans and Salad accompanied by a Lemon Cake.

You Made flautas? How?

Your menu sounds awesome! Good home cookin'.

Oh and change of plans.

Apparently there is no fiesta going down at Mexican Fiesta where I planned to get my food. They closed at four.

The back up? Eggplant Parmesean from an Italian restaurant. Oh well. That works as well.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Roasted Pork Loin, Sweet Potato Casserole, Garlic Smashed Baby Red Potatoes, Cornbread Souffle, Mixed Herb and Romaine Vinaigrette, with French dinner rolls.

For dessert: Warm "Tarte Tatin" (Apple tart made upside down in a skillet) with vanilla ice cream, Apricot-Coconut Bars, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Gotta go put that roast in now....

Bon apetit!

out

• evetteto
    evetteto

Heres the recipe for the Flautas:

Boneless Chicken (cut into bite size pieces), seasonings you prefer(i used fajita seasoning, small can of diced green chilis,dehydrated onions,garlic powder) boil or stir fry til no longer pink) add seasonings. sorry I cant give amounts, as I cook from scratch, so season to taste.

Corn Tortillas ( soften in hot skillet no oil )

Place meat mixture on end of tortilla,roll up like a burrito, insert wooden toothpick to keep closed

Deep-fry til golden brown....drain

Serve with Salsa(not made in N.Y.City), Advocado & ENJOY!!

• orbison11
    orbison11

wow that sounds great, now you can tell i am a very white canadian with this question, lol

do you cook the chicken before you wrap, ,or is it raw

-->>>hiding as i am embarassed to ask such a silly question

wendy

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

thank you evetteto!

This sounds so delicious!

Can't wait to try it out!

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Smoked spiral cut ham

sweet potatoes

dressing

fried turkey

green beans

• evetteto
    evetteto

Heres to you Orbison,

Please read ingredients and follow directions very carefully so as not to serve half-cooked meat, or you will end up like this.

p.s. this is a very simple recipe. you can also use canned chicken, if you dont hv the time to cook the chicken.then add all seasonings and continue to completion.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Wow! Thank you all for the replies, and thank you, evetteto, for your recipe.

We had ham, spinach gratin, and potato scallop. I thought of prime rib, but it was too expensive. I might cook something else next year. I'm kinda getting tired of ham even though I don't cook ham often. Maybe I'll cook BBQ pork ribs. Anyway I have enough ham leftover to make Brunch Fritatta tomorrow.

Enjoy your leftovers, people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit