I lost my parents today cause of the Dubs...Uggggh!!

by FreedomFrog 43 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Isn't it amazing how one door closes and another magically opens. I've notice that with you, it seems that you somehow guide yourself to the people, places, things, and situations that are needed for your growth along your path. You are truly a blessed soul with wonderful energy.

Hugs to you and your babies.

Merry Christmas!!alt

love ya, lisa

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I too am so sorry to hear this, but I just figured it was a matter of time before this happened.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I've notice that with you, it seems that you somehow guide yourself to the people, places, things, and situations that are needed for your growth along your path.

Thanks hun. Once I started listening to my gut feelings and pay attention to my Higher Power things do seem to work out. Because of this experience my spirituality has grown a notch further. When I first came out of the Borg., I was in panic of losing my parents. I felt an overwhelming desperation to try to help them out. Today I'm at peace because I realize they are on their path and I am on my personal path. Am I sad that they won't talk with me..yes, it's a natural thing..but I accept it and understand that this is the way it needs to be for the moment.

Love you guys..you all are wonderful support. I showed this thread to my guy and he was impressed with how much support I got. He also (being he never was a Dub) didn't realize how warped the Borg was.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Sorry to hear about this Gina. I'm glad to hear that you're re-establishing ties with your uncle though, and I hope that you're able to get a sense of family there.

Is your mom still expecting full access to Zach and Sierra?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Is your mom still expecting full access to Zach and Sierra?

Yes, but there is a "catch" to it. Since she doesn't feel right coming here because of my choices she feels it's my obligation to drive 2 hours each time there and I would have to drop them off and leave. That's a bit too much driving for the kids so it's not gonna happen. She will start complaining that I took the grandbabies away. She did this with my sister who eventually got sick of it and moved to Texa with my other Aunt.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

That religion is so disabling and so anti-family. I get angry at what it does to families and especially children.

It's ironic that it's almost always the big bad apostate who has to play the role of adult in these situations.

merry xmas ((((((((((freedom frog)))))))))

unclebruce

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Very sorry ! You know that you have an extended family right here.

Blueblades

• karnage
    karnage

I have never understood how relatives of someone who is df'd can speak to them one day and close them off completely the next day. As long as it benefits them, then it's okay and they can find a way to justify it. But, as soon as you lose your worth or value, then you are out like yesterday's garbage. I have heard that the WTBS have said that you can talk to df'd family membrs as long as it doesn't deal with spiritual matters. This policy seems to vary from one location to the next. Once again, this shows the unity of information that the WTBS puts out to its members.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am so sorry to hear that FF. You will always have friends here though, whatever the jws do.

• Quandry
    Quandry

When your mom's emotions calm and she thinks about the way you handled the situation she is going to feel even worse. You kept your head, spoke in a calm and loving way, and left the door open. Good for you. You are making the best of a bad situation and at least you can have the comfort of knowing that you did not say anything you will later regret. Give mom time to think about things.

I was thinking that perhaps you could arrange to meet your mom halfway to let her see your children. She could pick them up at a halfway point and then later that same day or the next return them. That way the drive would not be too far for either of you. The children need a Grandma who cares about them even if the circumstances are less than ideal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit